[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Grip levels are fine. Did you take the time to dial in a proper setup or did you run the defaults / close to the default settings? Because the default setups are very easy to handle, and understeer. If you want to dial in the car so that you can do competitive laptimes, you will have to alter the balance of the car so that it becomes more neutral.

I think its just right as they are, you can't just smash the throttle out of corners when you run a setup which is fast.

2. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Adding my voice to grip levels being fine.

Not so long a go I was struggling with wheelspin in the traction areas at Sebring in the bayro in a league race.

3. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Am I the only one seing weird reflection in the cockpit of the Ferrucio, especially the security cage tubing?

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
  4. danalm

danalm Registered

Grip levels are fine indeed. Anyone complaining about it is either driving too slow or has the wrong perception on how a high performance car feels like...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
  5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

People whining about grip levels/too much understeer really need to get their act together. It's getting old fast. It is not a mod problem.
    It's a matter of driving way too slow and/or not having a proper setup.

6. Pitspeed

Pitspeed Registered

Exactly. Current grip level makes this mod awesome. You can focus on the speed when adjusting setup, instead of trying to find traction at the rear end to make car remotely drivable.

7. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Ok, once again i will explain what i feel about the grip.... Everyone is talking about understeering and stuff....

As i said before, the corner grips are fine... What i don't think its fine is smashing the throttle out of a slow corner and leave with the car straight as if it is on rails.... On fast corners you have the rear wing to increase the load on the rear wheels.... But it doesn't apply on slow 1st and 2nd gear corners....

Don't know what can be done to change this, as i don't know anything about modding...

That's just it....

Cheers

8. danalm

danalm Registered

Again, if you've "too much grip" when exiting a corner, it just means that you're not pushing the car enough. You should never wait until the car is fully straight, before applying throttle, ideally you should be maxing out the available grip by using as much as you can from your horizontal and longitudinal "grip". A race car is always in a state of combined slip and looking at the traction circle, a fast driver will get a circle while cornering, while a slow driver will see a cross there. And if you're not using your grip to the fullest extent, the car will feel "easy" and you will think that the grip amount is endless. However, in fact, you're just driving too slowly.

It's the same in Assetto Corsa, the people complaining about too much grip were usually the ones 10 sec off the pace.

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

On wich track you did some fast laps and what is your fastest lap e.g. with the Darche with 100% fuel? By any chance, on ÌSI SilverstoneGP?

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This. True as can be.

11. RNeves

RNeves Registered

I did 2:01:5... With both Darche and Ferruccio around sebring... Loaded more aero to the front and took out some off the rear, don't know about fuel... but wasn't full for sure... cambers around -2 in the front and -1.5 in the rear.... About other tweaks i don't know, but have made many, but i made a fresh install on the last build and lost everything....

12. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

I drive without aids (except for auto-clutch) and the grip seems fine to me. If anything I tend to suffer from under-steer due to the front end sliding away from me. The same for the read if too little wing. Now, if you are used to Enduracers physics model...

13. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I didn`t drove the Darche on Sebring yet, but i found a vid with 1:57.900: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_9yLt_oRro Don`t get me wrong, it`s not an offense, but maybe you should drive faster to get the limit of the car?

14. Capeta

Capeta Registered

You can do under 1'59" as race pace with a lot of training and a nice setup.
    And that is with very good skills and everything right.

So if you had motion simulator, a lot of noise, limited track time, we're behind pro drivers on theses cars IRL.
    Maybe the grip isn't perfect, but he is very correct in my opinion.

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yea, you can drive under 2:00 easily with the Ferruccio too! I had done 158.8 in the last endurance League!

16. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Ok then.... I've seen that i'm being slow... :D

Today i grabbed my good old RumblePad 2 (didn't feel like mounting the wheel), went to sebring again and started messing with the Ferruccio setup....

The tweaks i made were as follow:

Radiator size: 1
    Front air dam: 3
    Rear wing: 15
    Front camber: -1.4
    Rear camber: -0.9
    Steering lock: 19

Gear ratios
    1st: 3.08(11.30)
    2nd: 2.29(8.38)
    3rd: 1.81(6.64)
    4th: 1.53(5.60)
    5th: 1.32(4.82)
    6th: 1.16(4.24)
    Final: 3.66:1

Lap time: 2:01.411

Just made this for you to have an idea of what kind of setup i use.... And of course i still have to tweak the suspension and some more stuff....

Maybe next weekend i will mount my G27 and try to go below the 2 minute mark....

Cheers

17. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I think you can`t compare Wheel and Pad driven laps. I never used a pad, but i think it`s very difficult to use the same setup. As i told you, i never drove on Sebring with the Darche, but it seems to me, you`re driving with not enough downforce. With 3/15 you`re maybe fast on the straight, but you`re loosing to much in the corners. The steering lock could be fine or not, depends on the general angle you`re driving with your wheel (900°?).

Finaly, I`m looking allways for a setup for the long run, not for hotlapping. We`re driving in our league with "Parc Ferme" and must use most of our qualify setup for the race too ;-)

18. RNeves

RNeves Registered

As i don't race in leagues, i spend my time making hotlaps... I still don't feel that its worth paying for the online service of rF2... Some day i will...

As for the setupyou can only put the front air dam up tu 4, so i guess its not that low on my setting, i tried 4, with 17 on the rear, but the car oversteered too much on turn 1.... And i felt like i was losing on the traights....

19. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Try front 4 and rear 24 and preload 6/7

20. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I think the longitudinal Grip is bit to high because even a break lock without anti lock brakes at 100 break Force ist almost impossible. Or maybe the break power is to low and yes my pedals give 100 percent. By the way The darche sound is really rubbish, it Sounds like a record of a bad cheap microphone with a very small frequency range. And it would be nice if we could adjust the side mirrors separately one day in 2016 when all AC stuff is finished, because i know, developing New content for sale is more interesting, than finishing something for what people payed for a long time ago.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk