[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. C3PO

C3PO Registered

But that is a picture taken with a 120 degree field of view. It's v different in the car itself. Be careful of the fisheye effect.

2. C3PO

C3PO Registered

This is the closest representation of the view we filmed from the driver's eyeline. The camera's FOV is representative of the eye.

Honestly, you do indeed see more out of the cockpit.

3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

It shows how closed the cockpit is. The video you posted has a complete stock car windows, even if the shell of those cars are same they are completly rebuild. GTE version is completly reinforced inside and closed with carbon taking alot of space away. Just the side windows allready are far smaller on GTE than on GT4 car, the front windows is half cuted and upper part completly blended down.

4. C3PO

C3PO Registered

I can only advise so far :confused:

You're seeing a view totally out of proportion with reality. The GTE - which I've looked in on in real life at the AMR launch of the Vantage this year -- has the exact same field of view. Really cannot express it any more clearly than that. And the windows are only different in the material used -- plastic not glass.

5. UnitedRacingDesign

I know but same field of view as those cars from video? That i really doubt but we should not compare this cockpits now that are for exterior view only :) Im not sure how much rf2 is better in this ways but in past some faked this kinda stuff to get the right view. Like scaling the cockpit up, i wont do that for sure and the car from mesurments is where it should be actually but lets wait for finished cockpit first, only than we can really compare.

6. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

Apologies for potentially sounding a bit condescending if I did - I forgot that you actually knew your stuff. Was anticipating having to explain to someone that it's not always the case that a Vantage is a Vantage is a Vantage :D

Dunno, the only time I've been up close and personal with the GT2/E was the old Jota car at teh Autosport show in January. I had a good poke around and inside it looked... 'cosy' :D Especially as they blank out half the side glass in some configurations. Why do they do that? Cut down glare or something?

7. C3PO

C3PO Registered

The first video I posted is around 110 degrees and fisheye-ish because we wanted a wide shot in the car. The second view more representative. At the moment it is too enclosed - you can see more out of the window.

When I went in the GT simulator (a GT2 Vantage shell, basically the GTE) I stuck the same camera on my eyeline and this is what I saw:

All this is good though as it shows the pitfalls of working with pictures which don't give the full perspective.

8. UnitedRacingDesign

That looks cool, well i need to adjust cams and fov but that will be done once i have cockpit inside the game, its hard to adjust it right now when i have no driver, wheel or real dash inside but will be done. Made quickly some tests and FOV makes a diferent and i came close to youre video version.

Check the screen. Ive make screen of youre video and blended out the window on top like the GTE has it and added my quick test screen to it, tryed to allign it quickly with dash and everything but like i sayed, just a quick test. FOV was like 32 or so. Tell me what do you think. :)

9. Black75

Black75 Registered

great screen, and i turn back to my 1st tought: it there will be possible to have an option in the tunig sheet for turn to off the blended part of windscreen? from your compared screen it seems only this the problem... maybe there's not necessity to modify the camera in the actual cockpit view. :)

10. C3PO

C3PO Registered

It's definitely close -- but I would arrange perhaps that it is a bit bigger? Maybe this is where running a FOV at 29 is the best solution. Of course it is variable in car anyway?

11. UnitedRacingDesign

Yes, i will add that to cockpits with limited view.

12. UnitedRacingDesign

Will adjust the view bit more when im going to have a wheel all stuff inside. FOV really makes alot of diferented how to use it, lower numbers are offcourse the best for this kinda cars and higher you go more closed it looks actually. Thx for the help :)

13. Black75

Black75 Registered

I thank you very much for this! :D
    As far as I'm concerned this solution leaves me happy, because after seeing your screen compared, personally i no longer had any doubts about the camera position and i just have to deal with that portion of windscreen.
    But, i repeat, many many thanks for the future option ;)

14. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

15. Tortue G

Tortue G Registered

I play with a 50 inches plasma 3D screen, and I always use a value around 50 for the FOV, like lens in photography I think that it's the more "realistic" value, with lower or higher values I find it "deformed"... And I think too that all the cars must use the same FOV :eek: (but not a problem, we can fix it in control panel :) ), just the PoV must be at the right place.
    On the T5 Mod or with the Bayro, the PoV is good with a FOV@50, so I think it will be good too in the next cars :) !

And... the new models look aesome :D !!! It will be a great mod for sure!

16. Black75

Black75 Registered

yes, this setting is similar at the one i'm using at the moment.... but when cockpits will be release in this way you never have a chance to view portions of virtual wheel and/or onboard instruments

17. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

18. Black75

Black75 Registered

really good St54KeV!!!! ;)

19. UnitedRacingDesign

Nice

I still need some names for cars(Venom and later for Vette) if somebody is interested.

I will do the Vette in our style like tire textures will be from our mod, some of our skins and if someboody is interested i might have the body ready to be painted by monday/tuesday that i could include in beta and later in release version.

20. sg333

sg333 Registered

Good to hear. Sometimes you just can't set a reasonable cockpit in-sim view to match real world viewing position, so it's nice to be able to disable that.