Senna 88 Mod v1.0 released!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dsuspense, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

What are the improvements from the pre 1.0 version that has been around for a while now?

I see the sound is still completely fantasy (maybe the physics are too?) as good as the sound is, and it sounds good :), its not what the 88 had, in fact nothing close, the 88 was a turbo, im guessing the turbo physics arent in yet either? Im guessing the entire physics beyond just the the motor are fantasy as well?

It looks REALLY REALLY fun, dont get me wrong, I am just wondering how close to real life this is actually modeled (regardless of how good or bad it actually is to play). I dont really care how real to life it is since it looks fun to drive, but I am just curious :).

2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I'm playing rF2 because I'm looking for realism! IF I WANTED THE FUN I WOULD HAVE PLAYED ONLY GT5!!

3. osella

osella Registered

ISI doesn't care what modders do, if thousand people shout that this CRAP of a "88mod", or parody of a 88mod if you want, is blatantly stolen and not revised for rf2 standards and yet they tolerate it, that's quite sad, another negative point for ISI from me (as if anybody cares though lol).

4. johnconner

johnconner Registered

nothing wrong with this car its free and not from another title the sounds become a problem but was sorted out along time ago ....

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Are you really that thick.

The only person that matters is the author, he did not want it ripped.

Who are you to say that is not okay ? :)

What a hide.

Just because ISI says you can use anything they own does not mean you can do the same to every tom, dick and harry.

lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2013
  6. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

I'm guessing the fact that the modder missed the most obvious aspect of the MP4/4 having a turbo engine pretty much tells you how close to real life it is...

Doesn't mean it can't be fun though definitely!

Remember most people who make mods have little or no background in physics, let alone engineering. Even if you do have that background, there's nothing to say the person has an understanding of the physics engine and how to use it. And finally, how many modders actually have real-life data, and then can actually convert that into the inputs required by the physics engine?

Answer is very few, and it is massively disproportionate to the number of mods out there.

We talk about simulation and realism, but how many cars do we drive are actually realistic?

Dare I say only ones that are made by the experts which would to me seem to be only ISI and Niels.
    It's rather cynical I know but I take the physics side of sim-racing seriously.
    For instance, the Reiza physics are the only ones I've come across where the tyre temperature variations seem to be accurate (rFactor1 - relatively large fluctuations when you load up a tyre, not seen in any other mod (even ISI's for that matter) where temperatures change really slowly. I have seen real-time temperature sensors on racing cars and that's what I've witnessed too, there are various videos you can find on youtube to show that. This seems to now be a feature of all rFactor 2 ISI content).

Again, not to say that other mods aren't enjoyable!