RFactor2 software crashes.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Feb 11, 2013.

?

How often do you have problems with rFactor 2 crashing?

Poll closed Mar 11, 2013.
  1. Almost never (monthly?)

56.6%
  2. Rarely (weekly?)

18.0%
  3. Regularly (daily?)

22.1%
  4. Almost every time I sit down to it.

3.3%
  1. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Can't 'allow game to adjust settings' be set in windows game controllers?

2. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

3. TurboGigi

TurboGigi Registered

If I use the "zero" on the keypad of the Logitech G15 rFactor2 crashes immediately.

4. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

you use the Trackmap plugin? :)

5. LabR4t

LabR4t Registered

Yeah me too, its trackmap plugin like KILLBILL said :)

6. TurboGigi

TurboGigi Registered

yes

7. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I don't remember ever having a crash so I can't vote. If I had a monthly crash I surely would remember that.

Edit: I remember the software crashing when I purposely did burnouts till the tire wear went to 0%

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I'm having a crash everytime I do certain things with settings (since e last build )

Going to try and replicate it so I can report it so the devs know, rf2 was very stable before

If we're getting crashes at a certain point or after changing somthing best we say exactly etc

9. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

key "0" includes a map, and if it is not recorded - the game crashes
    disable Num lock or or record the track

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

People should give situation.

If you do offline obviously you won't get anywhere the issue

The only freezes I ever have are after alt-tabbing online, never crashes whilst in room.

More cars in room more chance it will freeze when you try to switch tabs.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2013
  11. Old Hat

Old Hat Registered

I get graphics crashes - game temporarily freezes then resumes with messed up colours - but no complete crashes since, I think, the first build. But this is only off-line.

Everyone seems to think my graphics problem is the card but I did a GPU memory stress test for 6 hours with no errors, and ran Furmark (MSI Kombuster) for 30mins and another 10 mins, with no problems even though at 70 degrees C, whilst the game only ever gets to 62 degrees. So I don't know what it is. It's happened twice in quick succession with this build.

12. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Ok, had a crash few minutes ago: tried to watch replay of my winning 5 laps SP races at Lienz (new v0.91, great!) against 12 AIs and only get the empty UI screen with the starting race sound( tû tû tû....tûûûûûûûûû!) . Get back one level and chose the hot lap made during this race and replay was perfect (I like the new UI with pedals, gears, speed, etc. overlay, pretty cool!). At the end of this one I tried again the whole races and boom: back to desktop with a "rFactor stopped to run bla bla" :(

13. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

OK going out of my mind here. I am very advanced with PC's and windows and cannot solve this. Although it looks like a significant number of people are having at least one issue daily (just over 1 in 5), noone seems to have the problems I have. Today I have completely reinstalled rFactor2 from the ground up. No change. Reinstalled graphics drivers. No change. Tried shutting down different programs and services. No change.

Now, I am reinstalling windows.

14. Golanv

Golanv Registered

You have a hardware problem, memory, hdd, power supply, prosessor or gpu is crapping out. My guess would be either memory or power supply. Test components with Hirens and see if you find the issue there.

15. TurboGigi

TurboGigi Registered

The crash problems in principle I got them online, but it is also true that for most of the time are online and not in Single .... Of course I have gotten several crashes even in single.

On average RF2 me crashes every two days at least 1 time ...

Translated with Google.

W8 Pro 64 bit

16. Craig Booth

Craig Booth Registered

Had the same issue, almost every time I joined a server it would crash, or shortly after I joined. Uninstalled Track Map and the problem has gone.

17. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

FFS No change. I absolutely have to fix this. Now it will not let me race at all. When I click the "race" button it crashes to desktop - no matter what the settings it seems.

Fresh reinstall on Windows 8 x64. Latest AMD BETA drivers (about to roll back to last stable). rFactor installed from full installer. Packages directory carried over and reinstalled (something in here???).

I will get there somehow. I will report the solution.

EDIT: HOW can a clean reinstall make it worse? Completely over it. I will try and return to the problem after a break and a sleep. That was half a day. More. Shattered.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013
  18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I wouldnt install mods with such problems, I would install only ISI content first and check if everything is ok.
    If it isnt, then problem comes from you (perhaps W8?). W7 X64 here.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I installed build 146 which coincided with upgrading to Windows 8 64-bit, wondering if that's causing more ctds than I've had before, could be a connection in there somewhere. Although a majority of the time I'm playing just fine.

20. Andy_RF2

Andy_RF2 Registered

In my own experience, Rfactor 2 crashes every time I close the game. The reason I believe is because I have track map installed, because when I remove track map the game rarely crashes. I think the author of track map will update it eventually and fix its problems when Rfactor 2 reaches its final version. I hope he does as it is a very handy program and I enjoy using it. I also get random crashes, but these are usually caused by problems with tracks or mods which I am fully aware of and is not the game’s fault.

However, the game does crash quite often when, for example, holding down the shift key and using the directional keys to adjust the mirrors. Usually restarting the game and attempting to move the mirrors again fixes the problem. I can’t imagine this has anything to do with mods or tracks as it even happens with ISI’s own cars and tracks.

I’m pretty certain that the game also crashes occasionally for other reasons, but right now I can’t remember what they are. Who knows on a PC, it could be driver related, or anything else, as so many things running, including the OS. I do know that GTR2 virtually never crashed and would run all day long. As GTR2 is also ISI’s Gmotor engine, I’m sure Rfactor 2 will also become stable and reliable eventually :)