Race incident! Who is to blame ?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Feb 7, 2013.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I already did an online race at Spa and I was battling with some one and we have this incidente:

I already did an online race at Spa and I was battling with someone and we have this incidente! It seems a silly thread, but he had challenging me to upload it and he is convinced that it was clearly my fault!
    What do you think?

I apologize to him because I called him "idiot", but I was very angry for many unfair During driving That race!

2. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

well to me it looks like a pure racing incident but the car rejoining could have been safer and the car passing could have given more room.... that's racing thought im not a steward so my opinion could be wrong im curious to see what others think

3. Novis

Novis Registered

Race incident, accidents happens.

When going around the outside be sure to leave him enough room, especially when he is recovering. You were never infront to claim the line. It's clear that he was the one who hit you. I wouldn't blame anyone though, these things happen.

4. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

That's how it went from your view. There are always some lag when racing online so we should see the same situation from his view too before giving final judgement. :) However I suspect it was more of his fault. If I had made that mistake and knew someone is close behind then for sure wouldn't come back so wide as he did.

5. tjc

tjc Registered

+1

6. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I think I have no idea who is who, so I won't say you are wrong or right ;)

However, in the corner the car that outbraked himself did change his line to the right, when the upcoming corner is left, so it is very likely that according to official rules that one is wrong. However, in online racing, it is very common that people do such lines, so for the other car it would have been wise to keep a bit more space, for both your safety. The speed difference was enough to cleanly pass when keeping more space, but as I said, probably the fault of the driver who missed the corner

7. raekwon

raekwon Registered

his fault... you left enaugh room!

8. JGraf

JGraf Registered

PIT FIGHT... Gloves Off !!

9. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Responsibility of an overtake is with the driver making the overtaking maneuver, but when you are half a car lenght past the vehicle being overtaken, the resposibility changes drivers, since the overtake is considered to be successful at this point.
    The driver who was cleanly overtaken, because of his own mistake drifting wide in the corner I might add, was off the racing line, had more than car width of room to stay on the track when being overtaken, and yet managed to push the other driver off the track who had a good situational awareness leaving extra room, is clearly at fault of this incident.

10. Schueppe

Schueppe Registered

Racing accident, he was busy recovering his car and hit you by accident, you left enough space, but if someone isn't in full controll of the car maybe a bit more is adviseable. It wasn't your fault but it's nothing I would ever give a penalty.

Also what Keikei said.

11. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

12. coops

coops Banned

if you leave the track its up to you to give way when reentering the track... thats why they have mirrors lol

13. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Remember this incident? Vettel cuts across too soon when passing and gets a puncture...

Lmao that's pretty accurate i bet!

Karthikeyan got a 20 second penalty in the race for this, which i do not agree with.

Similar in your incident, car in front goes wide, stays on track but not the racing line, has inside line and all going well you would have passed at a close distance from him. Though at the point of impact his left wheels are still very close to the white line even though he has veered into your chosen path.

If i was you i would've taken a wider line and left the inside line to him as his movements are unpredictable and you should be frightened enough to give him a wide berth! There was plenty of space and you had all the speed to get by safely and gap enough so you don't have to worry about the divebomb at the next corner..maybe lol

Would call it a racing incident as the way i see it you both contributed, him not being in control and you not leaving a safety margin for him on the inside and taking the inside line arguably too quickly into the corner. In real life he would no doubt be penalised, but this is not real life.

Also lag as Kei Kei said, it's caught me out multiple times and no doubt will again :rolleyes: so it's good to leave a little extra but hard to do when you get in the zone.

14. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Common sense isn't.

15. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

I blame rFactor 2 engine because the most of us can't use mirror's with proper framerates lol

16. Hectari

Hectari Registered

I usually rely on my sound when racing to know where other cars are, but no surround sound in rf2 as of yet, hopefully soon!

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

There is no question who is to blame, whatever the reason he did it. He locked up his tires very badly and he hit you when he went from well off line to back into the racing line. 100% HIS fault. Your original assessment was correct, you should not have apologized.

18. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Quite simply - whoever was in front at the start of the video is at fault - if you MUST whinge about race incidents. He lost traction and line - the car behind him had the line and right of way - sure he should have gone wider - but the off-line car had the job of making sure he didn't hit the car from behind. Leaders fault.

But seriously - ONLY JUST get over yourselves.

19. JWE

JWE Registered

If this is all that happend to you on a open server during a race then I think you should be very happy. It's a racing accident, **** happens. I really don't think this forum is the place to discuss this kind of situations.

20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I don't have any problem with him, because I'm sure that he didn't do it in propos ! I just wanted to open this thread because I like to have discussion about race incidents and 3d like this could help us to race more fairly!:)