rFactor2 Log Analyzer

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

Hi Nibo,

thanks for the nice tool. I have 2 problems with it. The first is i can't analyze my logs from 2013. Till 31.12.12 it worked fine. Log is attached.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1u71psf9wizf7bk/2013_01_02_23_15_39-51R1.xml
    The second one is that you can use only a "." as decimal seperator. On a german keyboard its normally a ",". So if i just want to check my fuel quick and don't take care your tool crash.

2. Mauro

Mauro Registered

try deleting <chat> strings

3. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

Thx for this tip. The chat is not the problem. But i found it here <TrackVenue>Hockenheimring Baden-Wrttemberg</TrackVenue>. Converting string with ä,ü or ö to utf8 makes miscellaneous charaters in the xml. If i delete or replace them the problem is solved.

4. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Updated to Verson 1.03, link in first post.
    - fixed bug when Qual Logs that ended with "..SQ.xml" was not displayed automatically in full race report.
    - fixed problem with local characters like "ä", "ü", etc present in logs. Now they should be replaced with � and no longer cause crash.
    - added possibility to use comma as separator for floats in "fuel per lap" and "avg. lap time" fields.

Wishmaster, you are lazy :). We also use commas as separators for decimals in math, but I have button with "." right next to shift button, and I use English language in OS by default anyway. But maybe German keyboards do not have "dot" in easy access... Anyway it was easy to add 3 lines of code.

Also if you did not notice, you can click on any fuel consumption value (yellow label) for a lap in a stint and it will automatically appear in "fuel per lap" field. Works for a value of average fuel consumption in a stint also.

5. Mauro

Mauro Registered

thanks nimo! :)

6. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

Only a little :D

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Hi,

We had 3 races online session. After those races I went to see results with log analyzer. Second race results had third race qualification results in it. This has happened two times now. Some bug where log analyzer mix up results from different races. First and third race have all the right results but the second one is wrong (qualification). If you choose qualification session results for that second race then it is ok, but you can not export other than race session results. If you could look into it, thanks :)

Otherwise great software :) Now I just have to figure out how to share that html. file with others (I don't have any homepage).

one more question: why does the log analyzer create several (have seen from two to four) files for each session?

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

If you will upload somewhere archive with all (practices, quals, warmup, races) logs from that online session, like they appear in your folder to which you point Log Analyzer, I will look at them and try to fix.

What files do you mean? Log Analyzer does not (must not) create any files while working. Only when you press export, and thats 1 html file per click.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2013
  9. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Sorry I meant that there are two files for each session in log/results and it's hard to know which one is the real deal...

I have no place to upload html or xml files... can I e-mail those files to you?

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

You can attach .rar or .zip file right here to your message. Click "Go Advanced", then "manage attachments".

First of all I have nothing to do with generation and appearance of .xml log files. rF2 generates them, my program just reads them. So that question might not be for me.

Do you mean, that you have files that end with R1, WU, Q1? Thats how rFactor names Race, WarmUp, Qual logs respectively. Or do you mean, that you have two files for the same Race, and two for the same Qual? I have only one file for each session.

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I tought that you now something about those log/results files when you have created these files but yes, ISI is the right one to answer this :)

Yes, for example I have total of four files for Pocoyo Park race from last night (we did restart one time). Named: 2013_03_10_21_31_37-86R1, 2013_03_10_21_31_37-18R1, 2013_03_10_21_12_03-80R1 and 2013_03_10_21_12_03-31R1.

View attachment 6648

As you can see by comparing pole lap and fastest lap in race that Pocoyo park qualification information is replaced by Searspoint qualification info:

View attachment 6649

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2013
  12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

It looks like you running server on your PC, so it generates 2 files - one from single player, and another from dedicated server:
    2013_03_10_21_31_37-18R1.xml - is form dedicated server, it has <Dedicated>1</Dedicated>
    2013_03_10_21_31_37-86R1.xml - is from single player.

For Log Analyzer you need only dedicated server`s logs. May be generation of single player logs can be turned off in some rF2 .ini file... I do not know more for now.

As for messed Qual and Race logs - you packed only 4 Race logs in Results.rar. I can not help you until you give me exact copy of a folder to which you point Log Analyser. I need all logs, not only Race logs.

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

14. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Ok. Tomorrow I will look at them.

15. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Updated to Verson 1.04, link in first post. Improved finding right Qual log for selected Race log.

TIG_green, try it, it should fix you problem. Also in your case with 2 files for every session I recommend to copy just server log files to another directory and open it in r2la. Because single player duplicates don`t contain some info, like fuel and aids for opponents.
    Or find a way to turn off single player log files generation. I`m too busy right now to search how to do that in rF2...

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Thank you, you were fast :) I'll try it tonight.

Maybe I ask from forum if somebody knows how to turn off single player log...

17. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Tested 1.04, seems to work now.

18. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Tested this program, with rF1 and rF2, and my problem is, if i drive more then 100 litres, like 170, the program shows 70, and if i drive with 70, the program shows the same so 70. So the problem is maybe the rF, because it doesn't show more than 100 litres.

19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

The values for fuel that you see in a "Fuel strategy" tab are litres (but for them to be correct you must enter full tank capacity for the car that you drove, see screen-shot on first page of this topic).

The values that you see in a "Race fuel" tab in race report are always in percent. Thats how both rFactors output them in a log. And I have no possibility to determine how much this is in litres, because rFactors do not output tank capacity for cars in a log. Thats why I need user to enter tank capacity by himself in "Fuel strategy" tab to calculate litres there.

20. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...00-22-00-GMT-2?p=151831&viewfull=1#post151831

Our last session results above. There's one odd info in one (or two?) of the races where results claim that some of us had a pitstop even though we did not. Also Canastos do not have a laptime frrom the first lap in one of the races. I'm using version 1.04. Not a big deal but if there is something that can be fixed then cool (ask me if you need some more info).