rFactor2 Log Analyzer

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Oct 6, 2012.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I have also an idea:

Can you show fastest lap per lap (and who did it) in html. file? :)

2. Nibo

Nibo Registered

In two logs, that you posted, leader did not complete 1 lap and had no lap time info. I fixed parsing of such logs and uploaded version 1.06 mediafire. Now there will be no error, but this logs are useless, IMO. Why they miss this data I don`t know.

I thought about fastest lap per lap table, maybe I add it if I find time.

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Thanks for a quick response and fix once again :)

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Nibo, do you know what "incidents" are supposed to be in a result file? There is always 0 of those.

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

rFactor1 outputs contact info in log file:
    <Incident et="246.2">Fernando Alonso(6) reported contact (1.00) with Immovable</Incident>
    or
    <Incident et="416.8">Fernando Alonso(7) reported contact (0.03) with another vehicle Felippe Massa(11)</Incident>

rFactor2 does not output such info in .xml, so its always 0 in my table.

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Would be cool if every contact, crash, penalty and warning would count as an "incident"

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

2013_04_07_21_34_21-76R1 (graph1 shows gap for Canastos for only 4 laps)

2013_04_07_22_18_53-08R1 ("fastest lap by lap" has some bug when it shows that Canastos did 0.00.00 on lap 8. Also Graph1 isn't right, see gaps at the finish).

If you could look at those :) :

View attachment 7181

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Its not a bug, its a feature :) I limited Y-axis to 120 seconds, as I think there is no point to display graph for players dropped so far.

This is all because there is no lap time info in .xml file for this laps. Thats either fault of rF2 or really bad connection between your server-client. Such "empty" laps in logs are almost non existent in rF1.
    Anyway, graph problem I can not fix, it just shows info provided by log file.
    0 seconds lap time in Fastest Laps table also is because of this no-data laps in .xml, but I can filter them, so it was was a bug, fixed.

I was just making updated version. So I included "fastest lap with 0 seconds" fix in it.

Updated to version 1.07, link in first post:
    - fixed error in average fuel consumption calculation, when last lap of a stint ended with a pitstop adding fuel
    - stopped displaying fastest lap with 0 seconds (in "By lap" table) if there is no lap time info in log

9. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Thanks Nibo :)

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I have a problem again unfortunately. Results file shows that one of us (Malek1th) DNS in our second race in Topeka in our online session yesterday. When in fact he did start and finished 4th. Gap to Canastos was somewhere around 30sec in finish.

Could you look into it:

View attachment 7252

PS. I also noticed that log doesn't create two files for each session if you do not host and play from the same pc. Previously I have always hosted. Now I had only one file for each race, which is how it is supposed to be I guess. Just informing why I have had two files previously.

11. Nibo

Nibo Registered

There is no race data for Malek1th in this log. Nothing to do with me, sorry, rFactor2`s bugs.

12. hoover

hoover Registered

Very cool tool, thanks for sharing! ;)

All the best,

Uwe

13. Greg 1704

Greg 1704 Registered

My wishlist for the next update(´s):
    • modname at the overview
    • servername at the overview
    • show the ballast at the "QRes" too
    • at "RRes"; show the lapnumber when pitted
    • add a list for "highest climber"
    • add practice result
    • add in fuel calculation tool more than one stop
    • in fuel calculation tool: change the fuel usage like ingame. Example: If I enter 20 liters, then the tool should add 20 liters and not only the differenz between remaining fuel and the 20 liters.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2013
  14. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Updated to version 1.10, link in first post:
    - added Extra GUI widget, for GUI representation and editing of most useful Multiplayer.ini, Controller.ini, player.PLR parameters that do not exist in ISI GUIs. Looks like this:
    View attachment 9981
    Warning! rF2 and rF2 server must not be running if you making changes to .ini files with Extra GUI. Use Extra GUI before or after you use rF2, not simultaneously.
    - after clicking on race log, focus now always sets to Race Results tab
    - added Server Name and Mod Name info to GUI and to html log
    - added Ballast info to Qual Results (will be shown if at least 1 car has ballast)
    - added Pit Stops Summary table. It includes info on every pitstop made by every player: pit stop time (sum of last sector of pit-in lap and first sector of pit-out lap), percentage amount of fuel added (if any), pit stop lap number and distance percentage.
    - Race Laps and Qual Laps tables now show overall session best sector and lap times in purple color
    - lap and sector time representation improved, supports times > 9 minutes now.
    - Race Incidents table now shows Vehicle Contacts and Other Contacts separately.

Greg 1704, about your other suggestions:
    Will try to add this.

This is difficult and will require time. May be some day...

This I don`t understand. In rF setup screen in fuel strategy we set amount of fuel that must be in fuel tank after the stop, not the difference (at least I use it this way, may be there is option in .ini files to set delta fuel, but its not default), and in my tool also we set amount of fuel that must be in fuel tank after the stop.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2013
  15. DA

DA Registered

Woah, Nibo! :) Spasibo!

16. brato

brato Registered

Hi Nibo
    Thx for your work's.
    I have only one wish ;) is a possible add: for a race and q session on which tire's driver started race and for which changed in pit.
    For example:in q2 session driver have a medium tire and top 10 must use this same tires.
    In race must used two different medium and soft.
    That my whish for next update which can help for me. For now i must all watching in the race replay.
    BTW your analyzer is very helpful

Best regards
    brato

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2013
  17. Nibo

Nibo Registered

brato, thats not for me to do. Thats for ISI. I only parse .xml files created by rF1&2 and for now they do not output any tire info. We all asked ISI to add this info to logs, so maybe some day they will, and I will add it.

18. brato

brato Registered

Thanks for your info Nibo
    I make my whish for ISI now ;)

19. Greg 1704

Greg 1704 Registered

Great job Nibo.
    Thanks

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I made a simple homepage for r2la and now accept donations in bitcoin and litecoin.

Updated to version 1.20, link in first post and at the homepage:
    - tire compounds added to Race Results, Qual Laps, Race Laps and Pit Summary tables (rF2 only)
    - first 6 tire compounds color-coded similar to F1 tires: yellow, orange, red, silver, green, blue
    - restyling of HTML report using kube.css
    - much better graphs in HTML report using flot.js
    - added "User Vehicle Data" to Extra GUI

How compounds color-coding looks:
    View attachment 10501

There is no way currently to determine name of tire compound. rF2 outputs only integer of a tire compound, in order how they appear in garage setup screen for current car/mod from left to right. For example:
    - Formula ISI with default tires upgrade (all compounds available) outputs: 0-wet, 1-inters, 2-SS, 3-Soft, 4-Medium, 5-Hard
    - Formula ISI with tires with only Soft-Medium compounds allowed outputs: 0-wet, 1-inters, 2-Soft, 3-Medium
    - Nissan GTR outputs: 0-Medium 1-wet