Red Flag - heavy rain or track condition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JPS, Sep 13, 2012.

1. JPS

JPS Registered

rF2 build 107

Are red flags implemented yet? Can the rain ever get so bad that a red flag is thrown? Can a major accident cause a mess so bad that the race is halted? Or is a full-course caution with safetly car the worst than can happen.

Just wondering, because I seem to remember back in the days of F1C or maybe F12K I had a race get red flagged because of weather.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Not yet, and not sure if conditions can ever get that bad yet, as we don't have pooling water (though I have heard talk of it...)

Also with debris, we'll have to see how damage ends up being...

I'm not sure any ISI sim has had red flags?

3. tjc

tjc Registered

I`m not sure either but it does sound like quite a good and obviously, realistic step to take. :)

Pooling water eh... mmm...

:cool:

4. djvicious

djvicious Registered

Will pooling water ever be in development for the game? I was thinking of a track I wanted to make around my hometown streets -that is when I learn how to do so- where a downhill turn is met with a gradual uphill slope. I always thought it would make for a dangerous turn in the wet where water would gather up on the outside of the apex. On the other hand, can a track be designed to be wetter at certain sections?

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

aquaplaning and possible pooling is something to be looked at, yes. If possible on current tech, it'll happen.

6. tjc

tjc Registered

Sweet. :cool:

7. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Pools of water is definitely a good idea that will certainly add to realism, but red flags is something I would not want to see in a racing sim as it means races can be stopped at any time. That is too much realism and will take out the fun. For me at least.
    It is one thing if I can't finish a race because of my bad driving skills and another if the game forces me to stop racing because of weather conditions.
    The only time it will make sense is in multiplayer when there are more than a quarter of the competition involved in a crash. T1 for example. That would make voting for a restart unnecessary. With that restart you could force those guys who were causing the crash to stay in the pits or make them start from there to keep them in check until all others had a more or less save start.

8. tjc

tjc Registered

Maybe having the red flag thing for bad weather or bad crashes etc could be made to be toggled on or off?

9. dandar

dandar Registered

I will not add a comment about getting the red flag by bad weather, but I liked the idea to have a red flag in case of a big crash and also making this available for server admins (online races) would be usefull.
    For solo races, I agree with tjc, it should be configurable from the "flag rules" combo-box.

10. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I don't want it for weather: They do that in real life because it is to dangerous. Behind my PC I can't die due to the ingame weather, so it isn't dangerous :p

11. sg333

sg333 Registered

What concerns me is the weather when we get oval racing.

*click RACE*

"Its raining. Please come back tomorrow"

12. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Or worse, click race, there is a 4 hour delay in race due to weather, please set your alarm and come back then.

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Our worse still, you sit around all day getting wet only to be told the race is delayed until tomorrow, then proceed to watch the tv the next day waiting for an announcement thus missing a trip to the space Kennedy centre only to be told the race is in the evening!!!

(See Sig ;) )

14. willpinataman

willpinataman Registered

F1 2011 had a red flag in it if you ever had a big enough incident. Think this was more for bragging rights than realism though. I only saw a safety car in the game once without me taking cars out :p and only saw a red flag once with me taking cars out.

I think it would be great to have a proper red flag system in the game but only if the damage and weather are good enough to mean that a red flag conditions can actually happen.

15. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

@MarcG: Sorry to say this, but I can't see your sig :( heheh. I can see other peoples sigs though.

16. tjc

tjc Registered

Eh?

:confused:

lol

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

sorry dont know whats happening, it works when I view this forum on my mobile but not on my PC!

Anyway I was referring to my trip to see the Daytona 500 ;)

Ediy: scrap that I can see it now!?! strange!

18. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh can see it now too.

Strange indeed... youv`e seen some good racing this year then.

:cool:

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yep been bloody lucky this year and there still a few months to go!

20. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Must be nice MarkG :) I am envious LoL