money back?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dragon3007, Jul 13, 2012.

1. dragon3007

dragon3007 Registered

Hello,
    can i get my money back? I read the "Refund Policy" thread, but I didn't understand.
    I purchased in February 2012 and not much happened since that.

2. LabR4t

LabR4t Registered

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/5304-Get-Started-Here-(how-to-purchase-faq-etc)

Refunds
    You may request a refund for rFactor2 if eligible. Your eligibility depends on when you made your purchase. Both Moneybookers and Paypal have a two month refund policy, so that is what we will be doing.
    Two months should be more than enough time to see if development is moving at a pace you are happy with, or if the product is outside your tastes.

To process a refund, please run the rF2 launcher, click the purchase tab, click manage account, login (if not already), click Request refund and follow the instructions on-screen.

Note that in some cases, we may have to wait to receive your money before we can send it back to you. We also cannot refund any money to you if you were given rF2 for free by another organization, you should be refunded for their product/service by them. Allow at least two working days for your refund to be processed.

3. jv27

jv27 Registered

lol

4. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Translation: No. You waited for ~5 months, two and a half times the time in the policy.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You can try emailing support, but as both places we transfer payment through force two months, you are outside of that window. But to your second point:
    1/10 - Released Test Build 49.
    1/10 - Released Formula Renault 3.5 car.
    1/10 - Released Renault Megane Trophy car.
    1/10 - Released Historic EVE and Spark F1, F2 and F3 cars.
    1/10 - Released Mills Metropark track.
    1/10 - Released Malaysia track.
    1/10 - Released Portugal track.
    1/10 - Released Historic 1966 Belgium track.
    1/10 - Released Historic 1966 Monaco track.
    2/17 - Released Test Build 60 - Read Build notes.
    3/16 - Released Test Build 68 (see 69).
    3/16 - Released Nissan 370z car.
    3/16 - Released Nissan GTR car.
    3/17 - Released Test Build 69 - Read Build notes.
    5/24 - Released Test Build 85 - Read Build notes.
    5/24 - Released ISI Formula Masters car.
    6/14 - Released Test Build 90 - Read Build notes.
    6/14 - Released Historic 1966 Brabham-Repco BT20 car.
    6/14 - Released Historic 1966 Brianza track.
    7/12 - Released Renault Clio Cup car.
    ...has happened since we started. :)

6. MJP

MJP Registered

I get the feeling that some people seem to think we'll be testing out all the content and that just before the gold release we'll already have pretty much the whole game. I think it's more a case of we get to test what ISI want testing. Of course to participate in this beta phase they have asked us to pay the full release price, so it's expediency on their part to throw us a few choice bones to play with along the way.

Going back to rF1 the muliplayer demo was just that. A single car + track with a simple interface that was all that was needed to test what ISI wanted, of course when the game was released it had other cars/tracks.

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I don't understand those people who ask the refund !guys,it's just a Beta and we are testing the packging system and the physics and I feel that rF2 Beta is great and ISI are doing a great job!
    So,please be patience and don't leave because the others simulator in the market aren't even close to the levels that this simulator is reaching!

8. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I just feel completely honoured to be involved in the beta, I don't really care how much content gets thrown my way because when the final version is released, it will be epic.

9. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

There is nothing to understand. Some one is not satisfied with some thing and wants HIS money back. What's the point trying to prove him he is not right?

BTW: any one remember when rules about refund has been changed? I'm almost 100% sure it was not in February. 2-month-window rule cannot be applied for transactions before this date 'cause a law is not retroactive

10. adri84dj

adri84dj Registered

11. coops

coops Banned

your KIDDING more like you have not played it since February.. money back 6 months l8tr i know what i would tell you politely.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

nice list Tim, imagine the length of that in 5 years time......that'd (hopefully) take you all day to write out :D

13. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

A suggest to add single download mirror to the list. Then list will be even more impressive ;)

14. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

WOW man, Ill check if I can get a refund for my FSX, perhaps they did a mistake on the small scripts?

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Well...Im surprised he answered OP and you say hes showing of? Cheap comment really.

16. Crankee Stroka

Crankee Stroka Registered

Vista 64 ultimate springs to mind...
    *picks up phone...
    "Micro$lop? yeah about that piece of trash....."

17. can`t wait 4 rF2

can`t wait 4 rF2 Registered

18. Slothman

Slothman Registered

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/5304-Get-Started-Here-(how-to-purchase-faq-etc)

Get Started Here (how to purchase, faq, etc) and dated a hell of a lot more recent than March 2011 in the actual BETA section instead of the News section.

Do I think ISI have released in correctly?? No, but its how they did it and I reckon I have read somewhere they admitted they would have done it differently....20/20 hindisight and all that.

The fact is....its pretty easy to find the information if your willing to look for it.

Diving in with false expectations and lack of research.....well....I can understand why people want to blame others.

19. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Are you serious?
    How can he know what to look for, if he is new and have no idea what he should expect?

20. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

It's right there, stickied on the first page of the rF2 forum, the 2 month refund policy should also be familiar to anyone using PayPal at least, and I'm fairly certain that while buying the product you have to click "agree" to some sort of agreement, and you should find the two months thing there too.

It's not ISI's fault if people want to buy stuff without figuring out what they're getting into first. They're providing the information in an accessible way, it really is up to the customer to figure stuff out. Caveat emptor.