ARI Fun Race 5@Mills Park (Chicane) Day/Night Event.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fergy, Jul 5, 2012.

1. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

I see a plot, everyone crashes against me so you can take my third position in the league. :p

2. ippai

ippai Registered

Yeah Putnam Park baby, if the next race isnt a historic Putnam would def be on the top of my list

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

So strategy is going well Vittorio, even when we dont race, we have the proper people, doing all the dirty work for us!!!

4. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

i so feel your pain......

@ fergy.. it just started random freezes last week and yes ive been messing with the sync options first i tried softwear than gpu both with very good results so the freezing may have to do with that , ill get this sorted. Im mad because i practiced my ass off for this and to be plagued be stupid **** just sucks...

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

You were really good all this week Paul :(

6. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

thanks mr. nikos! ;)

7. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

I will start uploading the races tomorrow for anyone interested. I won't do a highlight reel cause I'm not happy with the current Replay Fridge so it will only be both races from my cockpit view or maybe with the track side cams. Which do you prefer more? :p I don't think that I can get both ready by tomorrow but the first Race should be ready in the evening.

8. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Had some good fun again. Got knocked off 1st corner race 1, but managed to get back up and finish 4th with Fergy on my tail most of the race.
    Race 2 was all crazy, I'm happy the pace car come out, and happy for the restart. It good that Fergy does not know the admin command '/clearyellow' to remove the pace car as my car was bent :p.
    For the restart, I was not taking any risks but people were very nice in just letting me passed anyway, very nice of them :).
    Last 10 minutes I was battling with Todd Scholl for 1st place. But his car was just too fat, so happy with 2nd.
    Fingers now have blisters on them, phew :D

Race 1 http://tinyurl.com/cd5mlea

DJC

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2012
  9. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

I thought when the grid was going to be reversed in the second race that it was going to be reversed as race 1 ended (as we have always done) instead of reversing the grid as race 1 started. Got a bit confused when I found myself so far away in the grid.

Must we update the mod before the next race? I guess so

10. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Looks like the PLR file has reset to default with the SC. I overlooked it thinking it was ok. The R2 restart although not ideal is the fairest option for now, things like this have to be perfect before we run a league season and this is beta after all.

11. Fergy

Fergy Registered

12. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Sorry for missing out guys, I said I was going to be there, but I came home from the F3 races half an hour late; in the 9th minute of the first race.
    I waited for the next race but was so tired of working from 7 am (that's for the server 5 am) and was not feeling well during that wait; I just bailed out; couldn't do it.

I was planning on driving circles around Marcel W, but I'll do that the next time then ;)

1 person likes this.
  13. Lecram

Lecram Registered

:rolleyes: ;)

1 person likes this.
  14. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Watching lecram immensely catching up in the 2nd race, i was like the eating gate guard:

1 person likes this.
  15. Deecee52

Deecee52 Registered

First race i got a good start and held my position through the first corner , gave Marcel a little love tap then i chased Marcel all race long but was always dropping back from him , i couldnt match his laptimes , this was annoying as the setup i developed offline was regularly running low 3.01s but online was well off the pace, there is an awful big difference between track grip in on and offline racing.
    The second race was challenging , i survived the first corner and got through the various spinning cars etc and got my head down and chased Marcel and another car who were dicing , i passed Paul C who i think was recovering from an off , he caught us up but gave me an unintentional nudge under braking which put me in the gravel , no damage done so rejoined , Paul very sportingly waited and allowed me to repass him , got my head down again and Caught the Marcel dice just as they made contact , this allowed me through, after that it was just trying to catch the 5 guys in front of me , i got 2 but could never make any time on the top 3.

This was a fun nights racing for me , its a pleasure to race against fair and fast drivers , thanks everyone and a big thanks to Bryan for organising all this

16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

17. Nizmo

Nizmo Registered

Good times for sure yesterday. 2nd race I got the lead early and was waiting to see when one of you (too) fast guys got to 2nd. It was DJC about ten minutes into the race and I was six seconds ahead, not nearly enough I thought. As it turned out, David got to me with about 4-5 laps to go. It was quite fun for me and very intense. By the end of the race I was sweating like a pig and my shirt was drenched! LOL As Deecee ^^^ mentioned at the end, it was really a pleasure to race someone so fair and respectful. We were two wide entering T1 on consecutive laps and it was just great racing on my end. Big thanks for a great race David, and Bryan for setting this all up, and all the rest of you for making these events so enjoyable.

Race 1, having a "skinnier" car and giving plenty of room on lap 2 (I think) for DJC to pass in T4 (left sweeper) I took contact from behind, ended up in the grass with a little damage to steering/toe. Brought it home for 6th which I was pretty happy with.

Todd

1 person likes this.
  18. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

It's not that warm in Britain compared to California USA so no sweat from me :p. I'm amazed that you live that far away and we can race so close with no visible lag. Good racing.

that was from the guy behind me that took you off, he was trying to overtake you on the outside. I saw it all in my mirrors. Lots of tyre smoke then boom. :eek::) Hoping you don't think it was me.

If it is Putnam Park, hope Fergy can put the weather system to good use. Some nice thick clouds rolling in during the race. Maybe a late afternoon to late evening time scale etc. with sun set. Looks great for screen shots.

David

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Its not going to cool my pc but at least it will look like it does :p

20. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

@ DJCruicky I know its been stated before but that report is absolutely brilliant