what car do you want

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrbblack, Feb 16, 2012.

1. mrbblack

mrbblack Banned

2. jtbo

jtbo Registered

At left there is that 2 door hard top, rest are not much of interest to me :p

3. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Out of those, C6.R and Nissan GT-R. Other than that all vintage stuff is something I'd like to drive. =)

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

And another topic started of with there are at least 10 more from.........

5. Caterham_Super_7

Caterham_Super_7 Registered

Good grief! This post will fill up quickly.
    I have to admit that I'm an old fud and love classic cars, Lotus 49 would be sweet but I digress :-

For something new - that oily old Diesel Audi R18 would be nice :cool:

6. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

all of them :D

7. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Really looking forward to the 350z GT car and the go kart, also all the modern open wheelers. Apart from that I'm looking forward to all of them, the more the merrier.

Actually looks more like a 370z on closer inspection, lol.

8. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

The cars I'm not interested in are the modern F1, GP2, F3 and the karts. The rest I want!!!!

9. ROON

ROON Registered

The Corvette and the two Can Am cars.

10. marto

marto Registered

aussie v8s

11. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

+1

12. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Historic muscle car :cool:

13. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Give me powerful, high-downforce single-seaters every time. As for everything else... the Panoz was always fun in RF1 and the Can Am might be a monstrosity.

14. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Give me low powered, low downforce tin-topped cars every time. Street legal cars and vintage > modern racers. =)

15. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Different strokes I guess. I love single-seaters for their purity of purpose and agility but plenty seem to disagree with me. As long as everyone's able to enjoy catching a slide on the kerbing and floor it in a mad rush for the next big stop it's all good.

16. coops

coops Banned

Aussie v8s................................................................................ but il take wat i get lol

17. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2012
  18. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Different strokes indeed. I enjoy the challenge of making something that's isn't completely made for racing go like the clappers, the challenge of getting everything out of a low power engine. I do enjoy GT cars from time to time (modern Formula cars are a bit over the top for me, though Formula Ford and other no downforce series are fun), but the grip and power makes them somewhat boring to drive for me. It's easy to be fast in them (naturally it isn't easy to be the fastest in them).

This isn't to say that I enjoy wayward handling and heavy cars, oh lord no. I reach driving nirvana squeezing every possible bit of performance out of a light and nimble chassis equipped with a relatively low power engine (every car with more than 300 bhp has too much power in my view) and street legal tyres, something like the NSX-R readily comes to mind. I have the most fun when I'm in an underpowered car compared to the rest of the field, but I make up for it with lightness and being faster through the bends.

The old Lotus creed: Simplify and add lightness.

Despite all that I do love just about all cars that perform above their supposed abilities. Take the Nissan GT-R, which is both powerful and heavy, and has an insanely complex driveline with tons of electronics, so I shouldn't like it. But it's 150 bhp less powerful and over half a ton heavier than the Gumpert Apollo Sport, but is still faster around Nords. I still prefer the less powerful and prettier R34, but I do appreciate the witchcraft they can pull off.

19. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Old and stock.

20. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

I wonder if a more valid question might be "what car and series do you want?" - in the sense that a given car can only be raced in a given series (other than for fun). Personally I am a rally fan - especially of the old Group B monsters. But any rally style car (and track) is something I am a real fan of. However once again - any car is limited to the series it can participate in. I am also a major fan of unique, virtual car upgrades - something where you can use your unique knowledge of motoring and engines to get "an edge" over the competition - as it is in real life.

I just hope/wish RF2 ends up with a certain catering to rally (and I know I am not alone). There is just nothing out there in the sim industry for it. The physics are more tricky, and damage modelling is essential. Online series and tournaments are more difficult to manage. And no - the DiRT series is not what I am referring to ;) .....it's just graphics and imaginary physics- with even more imaginary rewards for being good at the game.

So - the Peugeot 405 T16. A 500hp, 4 cylinder engine in a 900kg car. On dirt. Uphill. Pikes Peak hillclimb to be exact.

EDIT: And this is why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJsHlugRls4&t=1m1s ....at some points - it doesn't even look real - as though it is sped up playback or something. But its not. And those cliffs..they are real too.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2012