6 months wait for update - refund

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrbblack, Feb 13, 2012.

1. marto

marto Registered

bye dose that mean u wont fill the forum with wow is me

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I wonder if ISI regrets releasing the Beta because of dill-holes like the OP?

As for myself, I'm glad to be in the Beta (empty servers and all) if for no other reason than in 5 years when I'm kicking ass in some league, I can do the ole' fogey thing and boast how I got in on THE DAY that the Beta was released. Now you kids get off my damn lawn!!

3. guod

guod Registered

We had our first rFactor event yesterday running Formula 3s at Mills Outer Loop. During the 2.5 hours 17 people participated and we had a great time. Next month will be Meganes at Portugal (if some new update isn't available by then). Great fun and we're learning the differences in hosting on rF1 vs rF2 settings. If you can't find a server, join us.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/299/1/rFactor_2_Beta.html

4. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

rF2 Rocks!
    [​IMG]

5. Kiro

Kiro Registered

Mr. Black!
    PLEASE take a refund.
    You seem to be about 13 years old and only make posts to antagonize everything.
    Nothing, absolute ZERO about improving the release.
    At least 2 of your initiated troll posts have already been locked.
    Please take the refund, stfu and go away.

Having said this, I'm 100% sure you will come back with a different name just to post more imature worthless crap.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2012
  6. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

+1 to that!

7. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

this...

8. BlueMoon

BlueMoon Registered

+1

9. ROON

ROON Registered

Cheers, Dave. ;)

10. KorrMuraan

KorrMuraan Registered

I'm having a blast just screwing around with keyboard steering (lolz) while I methodically research how to outfit my first ever sim rig.

I know rf2 will be awesome, even the beta's pretty slick honestly...

I'm glad they gave us the opportunity to show some support :)

11. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

Nice one Dave, and yes it does :)

12. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

In terms of physics and FFB yes, rf2 rocks! :)

13. Alesi

Alesi Registered

ISI said nothing at all. there is no posts where u said when it will be an update...

14. thuGG

thuGG Registered

If I remember correctly, someone from ISI stuff said that updates will monthly, more or less.

15. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

funny how people keep comparing RF2 and pCARS :D i recently bought in for those 10 bucks on pCars when they claimed "big improvements on FFB" haha....i think i played about 10 min and then got back to RF2. the only thing you can do in pCARS is look at things and make nice screenshots. but with that thing they call FFB the actual racing is no fun at all. they seem to not give a damn about physics and FFB.

16. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

ISI said they're "aiming for" roughly monthly updates, but not that they're doing them on a monthly schedule.

And 10 minutes is a bit too little to spend on getting a feel for a particular car in a sim, let alone getting to grips with the entire sim. If I'd only tried GTR Evolution and nKP for 10 minutes I would've written both of them off entirely, and rF2 also. The FFB requires quite a bit of tweaking (like did rF1) because it's very much WIP, but when it is dialed in it's not bad at all. Not rF2 great yet but still very nice and responsive. I don't understand where this idea comes from that they don't care about physics and FFB and only focus on graphics, when the coders have pretty much ONLY done physics stuff for the past few months (and advanced in leaps and bounds). The render part has stayed pretty much the same from November.

Also, if you're one of those unfortunate people who experience input lag, then no amount of FFB tweaking will suffice. For me and most others it has already been fixed and it changed behavior and responsiveness instantly, but unfortunately it isn't totally solved yet. Hang in there though. (And on that note I hope ISI can also push down the visual lag in rF2. It isn't huge but noticeably bigger than in LFS and nKP on my comp.)

17. Joshua Healy

Joshua Healy Registered

If you're refering to JSStrack, I believe he was talking about pCARS FFB and how he doesn't like it ;)

18. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

I know, I thought that was clear from my post too that I was mainly talking about pCARS. The FFB in pCARS is much more WIP than the one in rF2 for example, and will require some tweaking. Currently I like it very much, it's informative and makes the car easy to position and control, sliding the Caterham is great fun too. Back when I was having visual lag (not input lag as I accidentally wrote above) I hated how it felt even after hours of driving, but now it is pretty darn nice, if still a bit glitchy and unfinished at times.

19. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

;-) well 10mins was a little overexaggerated, and i tried some tweaking of the FFB. But no matter what i did, i never got an immersive feeling of driving the car (guess thats a matter of taste though). and what i didn't like most of all, is that you have to adjust your steering angle everytime you change your car. if you don't, you end up spinning your wheel around like in a lorry while you're sitting in an old F1 car.
    so maybe i will have to give it a go again and try to tweak the settings some more.

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

What Jeremy said. You won't have to wait six months. So you're happy, right? ;)