some one want to do the realroad for tracks

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by les, Feb 13, 2012.

1. les

les Registered

i want to but i cant figure it out yet but i have tracks almost ready for real road rf1 converts that is

2. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

Take the main track, name everything RaceSurface_XX.gmt (where XX is a number), add the road shader, use white bump and spec for testing, take the standard texture and save a darker version of it, use it for the second (color) button, use the standard one for the first and third (color) thing. export it and as I said the name should be RaceSurface_XX.gmt :D

3. les

les Registered

devin question if i name evereything racesurface wont that mess up the road, here is an example
    the track im convert im working on the pitroad was named pitroad i exported the gmt and got on the track it was like driving on ice i have to change the name to roadpit to get the grip, now if i change it to racesurface wont it turn back to ice i think it will and we can drive on that. i guess i could clone the road move it up like .10 and name that racesurface and add the right materials. would that work ??

if anyone knows please feel free to chime in and give a fellow a hand cause im confused but i want to learn

4. ethone

ethone Registered

Name the model RaceSurface_xx, not the material. What determines reaction like "driving on ice" is the material name, which needs to be present in the .tdf. For all rF cares, the model could be named lesdevinandethonmadeamodel.gmt as long as the material inside is named e.g. RoadXYZ.

5. les

les Registered

ok in the material editor what do i use for all the materials i know its not t1 which one do i use for all the textures
    i know the racing groove is a separate gmt file i think but im not sure of that either

6. les

les Registered

ok i think im beginning to figure it out i hope ill work on it today

7. lighty

lighty Registered

nice to hear your working on this keep up the good work and keep us posted
    Cheers

8. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

racing groove, marbles, main diffuse texture, detail map, specular, normal and reflection map are mapped on the same single gmt file.

Read rF2_Track_Technologyv3.pdf , it will help you.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1573-Tutorials-Modding-Downloads

9. Domi

Domi Registered

A bit off topic here but.... what tracks are you converting, les?

10. les

les Registered

right now im converting the jns track Phoenix , when its finished i will be doing the other jns tracks, with i hope updated track tso's but right now im just working to get this one track right, that is my goal i want it too look good and feel right. nothing really to drive on it but in time there should be a couple nascar style mods.