Hey ISI! Long time no speak...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spyder, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Spyder

Spyder Registered

^^^ +1

I'm not sure how sim like RF1 feels to me in comparison to iRacing but that doesn't stop me from enjoying it as it offers a very different experience! Let's face it, letting a load of bedroom coders make their own cars is as far away from accurately simulating a given car as you can get lol.

Most Beta phases for games have Dev update threads, it doesn't have to be daily, would just be nice to for us users.

2. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Actually Kaemmer does post occasionally, a very lengthy thread regarding the NTM most recently but when you've got 450 posts from Shawn Nash regarding updates you don't really need to hear from the CEO.

I simply stated the developers of pCars are very good at delivering updates, not sure what difference being a racing sim or racing game should make?

And see my op, minute by minute updates would be ridiculous which is why I suggested weekly ;)

3. blanes

blanes Registered

+1 Thumbs Up for the idea of weekly or even fortnightly Dev Updates in a Sticky Thread.

Just to let us all know what they may be working on and how progress is going... can't hurt and surely generates interest whilst keeping the repetitive questions at bay.

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

So you dwell on one post of kaemmers'? He had what 12 posts before that? Has he posted since? No. How long ago was that post, six, seven or eights months ago? You want weekly updates from ISI and yet you put up with one post a year from Kaemmer? I was a member there at that time. Heck my first time there was over two years ago. So yes, get off your elitest high horse and understand people do leave that place. ;)

I for one don't need a weekly or minute but minute update but a post from Tim once a month or so is sufficient. I will leave this thread as I do believe you are trying to stir the pot. Good day.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2012
  5. Spyder

Spyder Registered

It appears you're struggling to read my posts properly, perhaps if you removed your head from Tim's arse it might be easier to see all of my words??

As I said, I have no interest in a CEO posting on forums, his job is to oversee the company and in my opinion Kaemmer has done the right thing by employing somebody like Shawn Nash who is in charge of delivering updates on the dev teams progress and objectives, 450 posts from Nash is more than enough for me.

And this wasn't meant to be an RF2 vs iRacing thread, but yeah, if you have no interest in dev updates which this thread is concerned with then please reinsert yourself between the bum cheeks.

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Well aren't you a class act.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Guys, nothing really good seems to come from discussing other sims. While we don't care if you do it, YOU guys seem to care TOO much. :)

Also, respect everyone else's opinion as much as possible.

Regarding the OP: It's unlikely we'll do that. There will be build notes, whether they'll be released before or with the updates is not yet known.

8. Spyder

Spyder Registered

I think given the fanboy mentality inherent within forum dwellers I should've used non racing game developers like Bioware with their SWTOR beta as an example.

Anyway, what do you think Tim, weekly Dev update thread?

[edit] just seen your edit, well at least we'll get build updates, just would've been nice to have a thread by you guys that less us all know what bugs/fixes you were working on.

9. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

He answered your question. Read his post again, a third time if you have to. Google translator?

10. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Thought you were going?

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

These are a Must IMO, not just for the fact that I love reading these things (!) but it'll aid people in knowing exactly whats going on. Just releasing an Update and saying nothing about it would cause more harm as the forum will be flooded with "has this been fixed yet?" threads!

12. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I'm sure there will be some releases notes with each update. I believe they are shooting for monthly updates.

13. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I don't think I can remember a 'patch' that came out that didn't have a list of fixes or updates. Like most people have said, just relax and to be fair whatever issue your experiencing you can go and test that yourself whenever the new patch comes out so I don't see any issue.

14. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I think the beta has been out a week and a day? Devs have been posting in the forum. The OP is just being a spoiled brat imo.

15. Spyder

Spyder Registered

+1 ... spoiled by SMS, iRacing, Dice, Bioware, Media Molecule, Blizzard... Those bloody developers lead me to believe dev team update threads in a beta were a normal occurrence, damn them!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2012
  16. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

it would be enough to get some rss feed from ISI's bug tracker.

And yes, dev uptades would be great, otherwise testing/fixing process (beta) may be considered to be similar to Q&A whithout A.

17. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

If they are going for 1 update per month, we would only get around 6 updates. Is that really enough to "polish" it out?

I hope we get more updates when were getting closer, I can understand having the first 2-3 months slowly to make the big changes and so on. But when it's getting closer to final I hope for more updates and smaller ones just to polish small things out faster.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

they will announce Full Version Release when its good and ready, be it 4 months or 9 months is anyones guess. I can only presume that they are doing updates more regularly at ISI HQ and will then release gradual updates publicly once a month roughly.

19. COD

COD Registered

I also ask myself, what prevents ISI from giving us weekly updates or doing it in little steps and one by one or so.
    Just solving the thing with the controller rattle e.g. and immediately a little update.
    But now the whole community is checking every point in their controller and plr files and are trying to compensate what's coming up anyway.
    If you have a look at J River Media Center e.g., they bring up updates every few days and let their community take part of very little steps of the developement...
    I would really really appreciate this for rFactor2

20. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Wow talk about fanboy! Those devs give you daily updates? WRONG. Weekly updates? WRONG. LMFAO.