New packaging system problem

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by lasercutter, Jan 18, 2012.

1. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

I have a track that had problems loading in the Mod Dev build which I eventually thought I'd tracked down to an objects hat setting crashing the track on loading. After sorting what I thought was the problem it loads and runs every time in the Mod Dev build and so I packaged it up as a component and installed to rF2, however the track now crashes the sim while loading with a runtime error, ordinarily I'd work through the scn file methodically removing objects to see what might be causing the issue (obviously not the thing I thought it was) but the way the new system works it means I have to repackage the component each time before I can try it, this makes a long and tedious job VERY long and VERY tedious.
    If you could shed some light as to what is loading at various steps in the track loading process I may be able to narrow the problem down quicker, the loading seems to be done in several steps, the first 78% loads quite quickly and then stops for quite a while, then there is a jump to about 80% a slight pause then another small jump to about 82% another pause then quickly to 90% another pause before the last bit loads, the track I am loading crashes every time after the first small jump (approx 80%)

I have 6 other tracks I've added to rF2 and another 5 in the Dev Mode that have given me no problems, any help would be appreciated

Thank you.

runtime.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2012
  2. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

have you run a trace?

3. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

You're having an issue when you get to loading the cars, so I'd first look at the AIW and then go from there. Don't forget to check the trace file and see if that offers any clues...

4. chuckyeager

chuckyeager Registered

Aie !

I must say that your packaging system is a real nightmare, i lost so much time to figure out how to just modify a simple track cam.
    What is the process when the track comes from an rfmod, it always says when i try to create an update component containing the mas containing the cam file that the component is not installed !

Of course it is not installed as a component but as a packaged component, don't tell me that i need a wtf ID to just modify a single trackingrate ??? I never race online i don't need this mismatch solver, it is a free time excess consumer for me, please think about those who don't need this ! a nightmare really !!

5. Gjon Camaj

Gjon Camaj Registered

Right now the only pieces outside of the package are car skins, but we recognize that non mismatch critical parts should be able to be changed outside of the system.

Are you making your changes in Developer Mod Mode or in Single player/

6. chuckyeager

chuckyeager Registered

woh, an answer right from the boss ! I'm very honored !

Your right cameras etc... should be outside this packaging process.
    excuse me for the way i expressed my little frustration, its the passion for your product !
    i tried to make the changes directly in single player, i think there are special interface in developer mode that are not so suitable for driving, well that's me i'm unable to drive in a thrilling race trying to improve my holywood camera in the same time... sorry ok i didn't understood the new paradigm but i should put all the content from the player mode to the developer one, i remember i tried with one track without much succes...

I just would like to upgrade a component which is a track but (in single player) the CP tells me the component doesn't exist, the logic would be that i should have some kind of ID or something to be able to just do that ?
    Ok i accept to be unable to join an online race to avoid cheating etc.. but it shouldn't stop myself from testing offline... i mean without having to install all in developer mode, can we disable all the features like aiw editor and cam etc in developer mode i don't think so, this mode is not optimized like the single is ?

THat's where i was stucked
    http://isiforums.net/f/attachment.php?attachmentid=801&d=1327264692

But i just saw that there is a video tutorial on this it should answer my question

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2012