Nice old features that got left out.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Flaux, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Quick question, does anybody know if we get back heat fx, windscreens reflections or those cool sound effects, that were in the early Spa66, where you could here the powerline post "whoosh" when you drove past them? (there is still a bugged one at the pitexit of Silverstone and it always reminds me of that cool feature, lol)

As far as I'm informed, heat fx broke with DX11 iirc and never brought back. Windscreen reflections were bad at night racing back then, not sure if they still are with all the new shaders. And the sound effects where left out because a new sound engine was in the ideas...

EDIT: I forgot the mirage effect on the heated tarmac. That was awesome as well. Sadly it wouldn't work with some new shaders, iirc.

But to be honest, those features were really cool and it is a bit sad they are still gone. Anything I don't know about it? Is it even of interest to S397 and the rest of the community?

I mean, S397 brought back the birds in their latest tracks and some other stuff that uses this old vanila rf2 feature such as planes and helicopters... so that's cool already!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
  2. Hazi

Hazi Registered

+1000 + Please sparks as in RF1

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

well, BETTER sparks than rF1, but yes please.

4. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I knew I missed other stuff. Sparks is indeed something that is missing since rf1. But I understand they wanted to install a newer system to provide particles. Like popcorn in iracing I guess.

But yes, another feature that has been left out so far.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Parc ferme tyre wear. (rF1)

I'm never sure about the 'whoosh' from trackside objects, maybe I've just forgotten it from the early days.

6. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

7. lagg

lagg Registered

Show debris in replays.

McFlex likes this.
  8. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Yeah I know. It is even hard to tell from old videos on youtube. At that time, ISI also experimented with the new echo/hall settings in the player.json so it was audible only in a few builds before they changed settings and updated the track, afair.