[REL] Zolder Circuit

Discussion in 'Locations' started by wgeuze, Nov 23, 2012.

1. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Thanks, my computer really died on me now though... running memory diagnostics now, seems like it froze... something is definitely broken :(

2. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Damn.. really hope it can be resolved, and if not that you have backups.

3. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Looking good! Keep it up! :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2013
  4. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Thanks, I will, if my computer does...

edit:
    Just as I thought I was almost ready with all stuff on the road, I found a small error in a rumblestrip in the last corner :p Really want to start getting walls and guardrails back into place :)

edit2:
    these little 'assignments', fantastic fun doing those :)
    Diffuse shot from max, making stuff dirty awwyeah
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013
  5. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

How is this track progressing? I assume your PC was ok after all?

6. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I'm rebuilding all guardrails and walls, working on a guardrail texture now. When those are in place I will build the pitwall and when that is in place I will probably more or less finalize the road textures and mapping. Maybe I can issue a new alpha at that point :) Almost all pieces of grasscrete and rumblestrips are in place now as well, I can't find good reference for the ones on the kerb leading from turn 2 to 3 but that will be sorted in time.

If you can't sleep because of the anticipation, I can always upload the latest build if it is in a driveable state. I'm not too picky about that either, there will be obvious restrictions of course.

I ended up taking all of my memory banks except one out of my pc and it runs fine now. I'm afraid the mainboard has trouble distributing equal power to all 4 banks of memory. It's either that or one is messed up. I'm going to run this for a couple of weeks, adding another bank, etc.

7. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well......now you mention it ;)
    I would love to have a go at it!
    I work there from time to time, 22 june again and I would love to drive it in rF2, just to see.

When I'm there; can I get you anything? Pictures of a specific part, other things?

8. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I can use absolutely everything, the more the better, how trivial it might seem ;)

Maybe this evening, and I can even try to get the walls and guardrails temporarily in there with placeholder textures, as they aren't mapped properly (still lofted objects).

9. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I can make pictures of everything, but it would be nice if you can use them; the water cooler inside the tower isn't probably very helpful ;)
    But; no specific parts you'd like to have?
    Then I shoot some pictures and send them to you.

10. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Everything ;)

edit:
    guardrail texture sneak preview :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2013
  11. Navigator

Navigator Registered

And everything it shall be ;)

Nice texture btw!!

12. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Re: Zolder WIP

Looks as though the standard of this track will be off the scale. Keep up the good work.

I'm really looking forward to this track because we haven't got any of the famous European tracks in the game yet - at least scratch-built ones.

13. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Be careful with 'off the scale' remarks though, as there hardly is one. It's all a matter of how much time you are willing to put in. After all, it does have to be finished at some point :p

14. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Ow, just remembered; I once made a "site" to show some pictures and they were all from Zolder.
    I took them at the last SF race over there.

Now the quality is low and not really helpful I think for you, but I show it anyway; you never know; maybe it is a bit.
    So, here's the link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13313246/autosports/index.html

Coming pictures will be taken with your work in mind of course.

15. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Re: Zolder WIP

Noted. :)

Nice work anyway.

16. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Nice videos and pics (which you would have gotten a little closer on that one girl ;) NEED MORE DETAIL lol)
    I think he can gain alot from the video of the pits you got. Get those little yellow trash cans and the dirty red walls. lol

[​IMG]

You teased me with this one, more detail ;)

17. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I'm more looking for how stuff looks than stuff in detail. For example, I'm sure now my walls are up to scale with those guys standing next to it.

I've driven the track again today and it is driveable, still looks like cock, since the road is only half finished. The walls are in though, and the placeholder buildings have been placed on the track again. Only thing left to do is placing some more guardrails and importing those.

Might work out tonight, and if not, definitly tomorrow, so either way you can get some laps going. I'll have a small assignment though, I'd really like if you can shots of the kerbs with the race line on it after x amount of laps. I didn't do any long stints as of yet so couldn't properly test it, and don't know how I can accelerate the effect.

edit:
    would be nice to have a world series renault car as a test case, but I'm guessing the F2 will be good enough as well. When the road is near final I'll have a go a bringing the F2 in devmode :)

18. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

No alpha this evening, have major fps stuttering on half of the track. This might be because I'm only running 4gb of ram right but it still is an issue. I'll pop in the rest of the ram tomorrow, minus 1 unit to test my theory of power distribution across all 4 inputs, and run the track again. If the problem still persists, that will need fixing before anything else. If anything, I'm remove everything and gradually bring stuff back in until I find the cause of the fps drops. At this point, it seems the pitbuilding is the culprit.

edit:
    While I'm at it what I will do is try and make it work with the new dev build as well and do a fresh install :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2013
  19. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

Try with two units of ram. If the problem persists try the other two. This will tell you if the problem is the ram or something else.

20. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

this is very nice, gj :)