Zeos' Suggestions (Multiple and Updated)

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by ZeosPantera, Jan 19, 2012.

1. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Here is what I have so far.

Analog Handbrake

This was implemented in Richard Burns Rally and other sims and is pretty important in rally situations.

Global Orientation Offset / Better Triplehead View setup

Really nothing has changed since rF1 except the FOV slider going down to 20 now. Something like THIS would be superior to even the iRacing setup since it should calculate screen angles internally and take into account the eye level of the user.

Choose Mod Tracks or All tracks from Tracks menu

This is really an important feature. One of the selling features of rFactor for me was take anything anywhere. Now I will have to make special mods to do so or use "All cars All tracks" which when 50 mods are installed will crash the game I am sure.

Add Back Car Information on select screen

Power to weight? Horsepower. Nothing is there now. Where did this go?

Add Throttle, Brake, Clutch, Steering and Handbrake on-screen Graphs(Like iRacing)

Bottom left of this screenshot

Improper clutch punishment

If you don't know how to clutch you should be killed and broken. It isn't acting any different currently from rF1.

Prevent the Camera from going through the ground EVER

It really is an immersion breaker and takes your head completely out of the sim. Replays mostly.

Option for rain effects on screen/helmet

Why isn't there any rain effects when driving the open wheeler. Not on anything.(See video in next request)

Mountain Silhouettes are negative (IE brighter than the sky)

As seen in this video. It is very 2001 graphics engine fail.

Ability to go to RACE from the garage without going BACK first

Again. The race button is persistent in rF1 so you can go from any screen to race. Now you have to go back in order to race. Just a nonsense extra step.

Feel free to quote and comment. I plan on making full posts for FEATURES I want like Carburetor simulation.

2. RMayfield

RMayfield Registered

excellent ideas. The only one i can comment against is the "rain effects on screen/helmet" as this has been confirmed to be in development. It was seen in an earlier video when the rain was first shown.

3. patryksok.

patryksok. Registered

1. Analog handbrake.
    2. More options for suspension geometry(McPherson/Chapman, solid axle, multilink, torsion beam)
    3. Asymettric toe in/toe out(seperate for left and right side)
    4. Gearbox and clutch simulation - something like in other sims(LFS, iR)
    5. Active aerodynamics and other options(for DRS or aerobrake, you can define when, from what to what speed aerobrake work and with how much drag it adds,

aerobrakectrl=0 //0=auto, 1=button
    aerobrakedragparams=(0, 0) // base drag(- or + will reduce or add overall drag on rear wing), time from moment when you hit pedal brake or button to max effectivness of aerobrake/DRS(linear function of time, if you set this to 0, first parameters will be at max exactly when you hit button/pedal brake, but when you set 0.5, drag will be maxed after 0.5s)
    aerobrakeminspeed=50 // minimum speed of the vehicle when aerobrake will be working

that what i wrote here is very very simple look on DRS-type active aerodynamics and I wrote it for quick. Of course when you change angle of rear wing aerodynamics change dramaticly, usualy if you want more downforce you will have more drag too ;) so we can add another line like aerobrakelift and when you use it for DRS you will lose negative lift from rear wing, and when it will simulate aerobrake like in Veyron it will add some minimal downforce(or even reduce if wing angle is too big).

6. Seperate options for front, central and rear differential and active central diff setting(where you choose starting split like 60/40 or something, max to front wheels and max to rear wheels) to simulate Haldex/Torsen diffs.

7. Possibility to damage clutch, gearbox :p
    8. Possibility to set max number of tires to race weekend and remembering wear on each set of tires(like in nKPro).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2012
  4. Mauro

Mauro Registered

5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

A big +1 for Analog Handbrake.

There is this line in the controller .ini :
    [ General Controls ]
    Analog Control Filter="0" // 0 = off, 127 = on, or add which inputs you want filtered 1=throttle, 2=brake, 4=front handbrake 8=rear handbrake, 16=steering, 32=clutch, 64=power demand

But I have no idea what it's for.
    Looks promising, but does anyone know what it's for?

6. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

also on replays, plz

issue appears because of fog not applied to sky. don't know why. hope it will be fixed

7. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

An ISI staff member has already talked about number 5 saying that they were already looking into it.

As far as rain effects, drops on windshield etc. it's a BETA and those haven't been plugged in yet. This has been mentioned quite a few times now.