Your best track-car combinations....Why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saabjock, Apr 6, 2013.

1. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

T5 full grid at Nurburgring GP short... a blast!

2. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

Another for clios at Croft. I'd buy feels3 a pint if he lived in North Wales!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

3. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Regarding to track x cars combinations, I'm struggling with Corvettes in Poznan, the AIs is much faster than me (they're in 100% strength, but still...). I can get grip until tyres get some heat (5 laps skidding badly) when the AIs overtakes me from everywhere.

Funny thing is with other Mods I can race against AI in 100% except Vettes.

4. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Any 1 tried Brabhams @ Malaysia?, good fun :cool:

5. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

AI strengh is so different from track to track. From the start there has been big difference between historic Spa and Monaco for example, and those are both ISI tracks. At Spa I can beat them on 120% but normally I have them set to 110% or something, while in Monaco I have them set to 90% and they are still much more competive here. It's all about the AI's driving line that track modder decides... only a small 'mistake' that makes AI drivers slow down in a corner where player can go full throttle, and you will ned to increase the AI strengh at this track to make their overall lap times competive.

Poznan is really slippery, that's true, but maybe you should take a look at your setup, because I think Corvette is really good (too good) to warm the tires... I often have overheating problems so I have to decrease camber.

But I suppose you drive on a well rubbered track? Because otherwise it's not very strange that you have problems. When entering a green track in practice session the track is REALLY slippery. And this doesn't seem to affect AI because they drive really fast from the beginning. They can be several seconds faster than me in the start of practice, but when track gets rubbered I can go faster than them :)

Shortly, you have to find out by yourself wich AI strengh to use for each track because it's big differences.

Maybe AI's are less affected by really slippery tarmac as they use different physics? I don't know...

6. pemigris

pemigris Registered

modern F2 then Skippy then F1 Eve on all, but especially on modern Monaco (I simply love Monaco since Microprose's GP times), then everything from feels3, Mid-Ohio, Sebring, Imola, modern Monza, LRP.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2013
  7. ifrans

ifrans Registered

The Marussia at Fuji, but that's just because I won my very first event with that combination;)

To be serious I like every car that ISI has released and the different tracks (and the quality modded tracks, VLM, Feels3, ISR, the F1 circuits), just because all those different combinations give so much different challenges :D
    The cars you need to have the most throttle control are slightly in favor for me(marussia, C6R, skippy and Lola)

8. doug484

doug484 Registered

I like the F2 car at Sebring.

If only I could figure out how fast to set the AI so I am not knocking my front wing off.

9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Tried it today, but I can only drive South Loop. However, I don't really like to drive these cars on such wide slippery roads. It looks funny when watching replay because the Brabhams looks like small toy cars driving around :D But that is probably because the cameras are very far away at Malaysia...

10. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

It's so enjoyable the few times you manage to set AI's strengh perfectly so they are really competive, combined with a track where the AI's not slowing down in a full throttle corner (that totally ruins it!) ;) They usually have at least one corner at all tracks where you always crash into their a**es because you don't expect them to brake...

11. ruderacing13

ruderacing13 Registered

Formula Renault 3.5 at Mid-Ohio. :)

12. Itchy1893

Itchy1893 Registered

at the moment I like

Clio@Croft ( running at my FUNSERVER1893[NRL] at the moment )
    Megane@Poznan
    Marussia@almost any F1 track

13. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Yes, I've been creating tracks and their AIW by myself in rF1 and I know how a slight error in the fastest line can screw the AI performance. Most rF1 tracks were created / converted aiming online racing only so the *.AIW file was neglected very often.

Besides the AIW lines (inner, center and fastest), there're those famous line in AIW file:

AIBrakingStiffness=(1.0000,1.0000,0.9000)
    WorstAdjust=(0.8100)
    MidAdjust=(0.97)
    BestAdjust=(1.09000)
    AISpec=(0.0000,0.0000,1.0000,0.0000)

Whatever good your AIW lines be, those lines have significant impact in AI cars performance... maybe Poznan has different values for worst / mid / best adjusts? I notice the Corvettes in Poznan are not that fast in high speed corners, but they are very optimized for the slower ones. As I said, it's strange the other Mods are not such fast in the same track. And yes, track as well rubbery.

Your last question is quite important to me:

"Maybe AI's are less affected by really slippery tarmac as they use different physics? "

I would say yes, but I'm being empirical. Maybe I'm just a bad Corvette driver.

14. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

Right now, Corvette at Sebring.
    Also into Skip at LRP and Eve at Malaysia.

Both Skip and Eve are SO much fun to drive!!

15. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Corvette at Sebring. A great car and a great track.