you know what I'm really waiting for?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MarcG, Sep 21, 2012.

1. martymoose

martymoose Registered

In that case just follow the admin around the track and pit when he does, just hope he isn't going in for a stop and go or drive through penalty ;)

2. dandar

dandar Registered

Real time weather could be possible

I stick to the idea of implementing real time weather by location to solve the current "rf2 weather engine not being fully random".

I've found a online web service for global weather information than can be used for free on commercial applications.
    Link: worldweatheronline.com

They have implemented the query weather by latitude/longitude in 2010, and the output format could be selected in the following formats: XML/JSON/CSV

Also there are minor similarities between the weather condition code output and those specified on rF2.
    Sample weather conditions codes available as TXT

Now I believe that real time weather could be implemented.
    Better suggestions always welcomed.

Previous post #15

3. kleanphil

kleanphil Registered

I was just looking at the Aussie Radar site Aussie Weather Even they release hourly data and in different formats,sounds good

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I just want REAL weather, cannot stand raining in Monza, when was the last time it rained there? Its boiling hot usually!!

5. kleanphil

kleanphil Registered

OK yes we just got the first day of rain in 2 months here,but its our rainy season now so hopefully some rain soon. Truly Random weather would be great but real time would add that extra dimension. Who'd ever think perfect weather could be a curse :p

6. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Well, don't come to Florida then if you want clear skies this time of year :) We get rain everyday. Some days it lasts for a bit, some days we get about 15 minutes and some days we get a little, wait a little, and get a little more.

7. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Funny thing is in Melbourne Australia we get exactly what you guys are after, Truly random weather but most people hate that lol. Its famous for the 4 seasons in a day and sometimes we even get a few years worth of season changes, wind changes in summer can cause 20 degree Celsius temp shifts and there is always rain somewhere but rarely everywhere at the same time.

I remember a few years back on the day of the bad fires it got to 49.7c with 100kmh+ northerly winds, when they shifted to 100kmh+ from the south in the afternoon the temps dropped to the low 20's within a few minutes. Good luck setting up a car for our conditions and be careful of what you ask for.

Do you really want to race in conditions like these :confused:

8. osella

osella Registered

Yes!
    Hail storm in a car with slicks, nuts nuts!

9. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

This year a Superbike race was called of due to the weather, and the F1 in 2008 also saw a weekend full of rain (The year the Sebastian Vettel won his first race, with the Toro Rosso) ;) So it DOES happen, don't be afraid.

10. martymoose

martymoose Registered

It would be good to also have weather in RF2 to be in someway set so as to work like it does at Bathurst. This track is famous for getting large storms on top of the mountain yet at times it remains dry at the bottom or it gets there much later. I know other large tracks like Spa get local weather on certain parts of the track just not sure if there are parts of that track more likely to get rain then others as it is at Bathurst at the top of the mountain.

Here is one of the most famous Bathurst finishes in 1992 as a huge storm red flagged the race as nearly everyone crashed. The race went back to the last completed lap so Richards and Skaife won the race even though they crashed, as did most of the field. Slicks or wets neither worked down the mountain that day lol.

Here is another little bit of random weather at Bathurst.

11. hushypushy

hushypushy Registered

Ready for a fun fact?

Sebastian Vettel's first win was at a wet Monza in 2008. That was only the fourth time there was a wet Italian GP at Monza! The most recent before that was 2004, but I'm not sure when the other two were...

12. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I got ready since post #29. Seems Monza is somewhere at the tropics...

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Talking of rain affecting car racing, heres my record this year:

Daytona 500 = Rained
    Castle Coombe = Rained
    Spa Francorchamps = Rained

Think I'll take a brolly to Brands Hatch next month!

14. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Yup vote here for random weather...real time would be cool, but random would do me.

15. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

lol, that is quite a record :p Allthough at spa it isn't to surprising ;) I was there this year as well (24h of spa) and even the announcer said it. The superpole was called of due to the weather, and then the announcer said we didn't have to be surprised it rained, since it had allready been dry (pretty hot and very sunny) since wednesday (superpole was friday, so that means two days dry allready :D )

16. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

2004 was only damp for a short period of time, I wouldn't even call it wet. Time before that I recall was 1981 but similar conditions (damp). Before then, my memory fades...lol

17. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

I think about random weather, can be, when you select the conditions track, instead of having for ex: "clear, clear, foggy, mostly cloud" you can select a "?" icon wich select ramdonly the weather, can be?

18. coops

coops Banned

real weather or random.

19. coops

coops Banned

+1

20. rhamm

rhamm Registered

Those Bathurst videos remind me of this: