yes I know... but... Nordschleife laserscan?

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Frankysco, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Frankysco

Frankysco Registered

2. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

To be sure. You are aware of the really nice version of the Nordschleife that is just around the corner in the Locations section of this rF2 forum? ;)

3. Frankysco

Frankysco Registered

Hi Yoeri, I have that version of the Ring and I have to say it´s a very nice job, I enjoy it so much, but it can´t be compared with an official laserscan version.

4. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I have always asked my self Why dont the track owners themselfs simply laserscan their own track and than only sell that Data to anybody who would be interested in them, i mean every track would do that and it would make the track nice money....
    I am perfectly happy with the Nordschleife from pleclair and now also DJCruicky and Tosch

5. Frankysco

Frankysco Registered

Maybe we could do a collection to buy the data and give them to Pleclair :rolleyes:

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

If it means frequent organised online racing on The Ring then i'm gonna renew after 4 years for sure.
    MP Nordschleife has always been crap in whatever sim due to the high crash rate and huge experience differences. Maybe with iracing's rating system it becomes manageable. I've been longing for good races on this track for decades.

Pretty exited about this one even though i'm not that pumped about scanned tracks to begin with.

7. Quartza

Quartza Registered

IMO this is what happen when iRacing was out there the same time a scanner car was spotted. iR serving as consultants with the scan with the perk of having first use of the data.

8. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

iracing hires a contractor to do their scanning overseas. Up until recently they did anyway.

I'm not sure what track is more over rated nords or la sarthe.

9. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

From what we've heard in the past (before the track was sold I guess? Could have changed then) someone did have the data for the Nordschleife already and would sell it to anyone interested, but I believe the cost was considered prohibitive for sim racing usage.

10. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I just dont know what other industry could have use for such data, only racaing teams again for their simulators