Yellow flagged Monaco

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeV710, Jun 29, 2022.

1. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

With regards to Monaco aka D´Azur 2019 track...

I really don´t know how to go about (set-up) running a single player race without the AI triggering yellow flags due to them bumping/crashing In to walls In this circuit constantly, Specially overkill In the tunnel, and the ramp right after It, but overall they randomly do mutilate themselves at will :D

I guess It has to do with the AIW among other settings. Any magic numbers, or recommendations?

Thanks

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Do not, repeat, DO NOT use flags when racing solo. The AIW file has been reworked at Cote de Azur and still there are issues. You can look for the AIW thread here and perhaps use that AIW, but still, rF2 just does not run solo offline play well when flags are enabled. Turn them off, and forget they ever existed.

MikeV710 likes this.
  3. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Thank you Dave, as always you are of great help! I was not aware that for solo racing flags enabled causes Issues. Great to know, again thank you. Maybe now I will enjoy this and other tracks more.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I should be clear, the flags themselves do not cause the problems, the AI logic is the real culprit. But using flags causes problems with the pack not staying grouped, with AI cars not following the correct car and not allowing you to merge behind the proper car, the list goes on. So 'most' of us have turned off the flags just to avoid mayhem. You still will get cars scraping the tunnel and other odd behaviors, but at least you can keep on racing.

MikeV710 likes this.
  5. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Ok I get It, chaos does not come to order but you can swim In It. Thanks a lot Dave.

6. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

I have been running with full flags at the DLC Laguna Seca without any problems since the big update. I have not tried Monaco with flags but I don't think its necessary to run without them anymore on at least some tracks.

davehenrie likes this.
  7. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

The new (full) Q2 pack works pretty good for me too, and LeMans. Which basically are the tracks I was playing till I recently bought Monaco. I think the problem could also be related to urban tracks and there wall limitations, don´t really that´s why I am asking.