Yellow flag problem

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Enetmo, Apr 4, 2012.

1. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Thanks, but it didn't solve the problem.

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Did you extract the Brianza animations, and if so, did you make sure all the file names are correct? Did you setup your animations in the material correctly? Do you have more than just those two sets of people?

1 person likes this.
  3. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Thank you very much ! That was the flag's material animation.
    In fact, in some of the corner workers' max files, the materials aren't correctly set : I was unlucky enough to look at the wrong ones.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

terribly sorry to bounce an age old thread but it's the only one I found via search! here's my issue:

I've got other authors tracks into DevMode to soley edit/improve the AIW and noticed that there are no Yellow Flag stations at all (used the Show/Hide menu but nothing shows up, no numbers like found at Monaco for example).
    Is there a tutorial somewhere to get Yellow Flag Stations/Men in game and working correctly? ta

5. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

1) Import as a merge one ISI Marshall into your scene;

2) Press Z to zoom to your Marshall;

3) Be sure you selected the Marshall instance and all its own relatives Bones/Root;

4) Move/Rotate this stuff as you like into your scene: Take care when you rotate Marshalls and be sure you're keeping a correct object pivot point center (this is one of the most important rules to avoid a bad multi-element alignment, like radio--->hands--->headphones etc..);

5) To export the Marshall object you've to select ONLY the model instance and let its own Bones/Root unselected;

6) SCN: Put a progressive number after the underscore in the instance name. ***BE SURE*** to not jump/skip between numbers (IE: CornerWorker_000, CornerWorker_004 etc..);

7) Open a ISI animation MAS (IE: Belgium_Anims.mas) and export all those files into your ANM folder (be sure to point at this folder in your SCN);

8) To clone a marshall select the instance and all its relatives Bones/Root and copy/paste. Go to point 3 to move your new Marshall;

9) When you export clones BE SURE to check the option in the GMT exporter "Fix Bone Names" to correct the numeric suffix in bones;

10) If you want to manage a Marshall object (IE: to change textures and/or separate the two Corner Workers) pay attention to uncheck the Skin modifier before touch your Edit Mesh/Poly and be sure all polys are selected before reactivate the Skin Modifier

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Awesome Jka many thanks, by scene I presume that means 3DSimEd or something? not touched that yet so will have a fiddle about at somepoint, thanks again :)

7. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

I mean "scene" is your track 3d model.

Btw... If I'm not totally mistaken, 3DSimEd is not supporting animations yet. You need to export animated models with 3ds max.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Well like I said I'm only editing the AIW of other people's tracks so I don't have any 3d models or max, take it this means I can't do it and have to rely on the defunct author never fixing it himself!?

9. sompir

sompir Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014