WSGT2 by RMT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WiX, Jan 14, 2012.

1. klaasvh

klaasvh Registered

Modding is a hobby for us, just like playing soccer or drinking beer. I never earned any money with those other two, so I don't expect to make any money with modding either.

2. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

Thank you, i appreciate that

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

OK, hope I didn't come off as sounding like a jerk, I just thought it was strange. But that makes total sense to me now. I hope there's enough of a performance difference that a multi-class Megane series could be run. This WSGT2 mod is one of the mods I most look forward to. I love the variety.

4. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Haha good one ! Great answer :D

5. tjc

tjc Registered

+1 :D

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Sp that means ISI Megane engine, tires AND suspension?

8. klaasvh

klaasvh Registered

No problem! I guess some explanation was needed, so I'm glad to clear this up.

Yes that is the plan. I doubt we could much better than ISI in the physics department.

9. panande

panande Registered

I know this question is often asked but I came across this mod like 2 years ago or so and just wanted to ask how far the progress is and if you can name an estimated release date (or year) :D

10. Thor

Thor Registered

This is proof that the models of the cars of ISI are poor and ugly. The ISI has to hire them. They are very good at it. Model WSGT2: 10/10. ISI model 3/10. Google Translator!

11. bassweight

bassweight Registered

oh wow, super exciting! the engine sounds are great, going by those videos. Can't wait.

12. klaasvh

klaasvh Registered

Our main priority is the Megane right now, as explained earlier in this thread. We're making some good progress with it while learning more about the workings of rF2.

13. Duvel

Duvel Registered

looking forward to it klaasvh, and a good move to use ISI's physics. what you guys do for rf2 is going to be fabulous, rf2 nereds groups like you, all the big talent is in tracks right now - no cars really :(

14. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

This! I understand that it is only beta, but after almost 17months I expected more cars from the moders, but sadly until now we got some avarage mods!
    We have 4324324324 bad tracks converion and only 5-6 high qualitsy tracks by feels,Tuttle...Mid-ohio, Putnam Park,Poznan,Croft!
    Cars mod? let's hope in the upcoming Endurance x-Racing!

15. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

The tracks are a bit of a disappointment at the moment. I love feels3's and tuttle's work but apart from that there is little else of any quality. Virtua_lm's Mid-Ohio and Sebring are good but haven't been updated for a long time. I don't think ISI's tracks are particularly good compared to what feels3 is doing. Lime Rock looks decent but the rest are pretty poor in my opinion.

I guess the good modders are waiting for gold, or at least I hope.

16. tjc

tjc Registered

There`s never going to be a "gold" and although I agree that feels3`s and Tuttle`s tracks and others too, VLM as you said, are really very well done, I`d disagree that ISI`s tracks are not very good.

They may well need updated yes but I think that ISI will produce quality tracks as time goes on...

LRP is very well done imo and historic Spa, Monza and Monaco (apart from the missing building) are fantastic tracks as far as layout and driving feel is concerned... as I`ve said, graphically they may well need an update but very well done imo none the less...

17. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Yeah I was referring to the graphics. The tracks themselves are well done but the textures are not up to what feels is doing and the colours look unrealistic.

18. tjc

tjc Registered

Well imo it`ll all come good...

ISI will get there. :)

19. Panigale

Panigale Banned

I think this is a brilliant approach for 3rd party vehicle mods in general. I would love to see the same thing happen with the C6R. Take the late 2009 Car and physics done by ISI, and redo the exterior and interior to match the 2012-2013 car, along with the current liveries, etc.
    (http://www.corvetteracing.com/2012-specifications.shtml)

There are a lot of details for modders to capture, e.g. the tint shield on the windscreen goes well below the Corvette banner, increased horsepower, Michelin branded tires, car is 2 inches wider (due to class rule changes for 2012)...

20. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

This is already being done, not as part of WSGT2 (as far as I know...?) but by another team. It'd be impolite to mention them on RMT's thread, but you won't have to look hard to find it.

Very, very much looking forward to the WSGT2 mod but by god we've been waiting ages for it. Not RMT's fault I know :)