Wowsers - R3.5, FFB, multiplayer.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alex Ball, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Alex Ball

Alex Ball Registered

Just had my first online 'race' with RF2 using the Renault 3.5 cars around the Malasian GP track.

I joined half way through Quali, and then started the race. I got punted off half way around lap 1, but that's not the good bit.

My 'wow' moment was when I was following another chap around the lap in qualifying. I had the sound up loud, the buttkicker pounding away, and my CSR-E twitching left to right to left over every bump in the road surface.

I don't think I've been so engrossed in a sim for a very, very long time.

The combination of bass rumbles, twitching on the steering making me feel the road, the noise of the other car in front of me, and the predictable handling of the car made for a fantastic experience.

The FFB is fantastic in this game (off-track-excursion rattle excluded). I *love* feeling the front tyres hopping accross the surface as the rubber skips on understeer, and the rear going light on a powerful exit.

I was already sold on RFactor2, but now I cannot wait for the FPS improvements, and more content. What a fantastic job ISI have done - a round of applause for the team, please.

:)

2. shivanandrs

shivanandrs Registered