Would enough people be interested to get together an endurance race?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

May 19 is too far out- May 5 would be a better time scale. We can then make the main event first or second week in June (can't schedule this for the same day as Indy500 & Monaco)

2. Capeta

Capeta Registered

I would love some endurance racing soon. =)

But I can't find all tracks in the list. :(

3. guod

guod Registered

I'll send out a PM here to everyone listed in this thread this evening (USA time) that will include the SimHQ Motorsports server and login information.

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Which ones are you missing?

5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

6. guod

guod Registered

Argh. Had to work late tonight so I'll set it up and send out the info tomorrow after work. Sorry for the delay.

7. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Thanks guys for the tracks. Big help. ;)

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Just let us know which tracks you like best at night.

the lighting has improved tremendously in the latest build- WOW. Ambient lighting is a lot better, even the dark tracks are lit up like day. To test the tracks at night, just advance the session to race. I went through all of the tracks by voting to advance to next track then voting to go straight to race. Only Fuji has some issues. IMHO Mid-Ohio looked best.

9. Pumbaa666

Pumbaa666 Registered

Mid Ohio gets my vote for a track overall... Great multiclass racing available there... It gets a little tricky through the esses but with people using patience it's a great place to race...

Hockenheim would be cool as well, I'm yet to test it at night, but it's got a few good straights to allow over taking...

Sebring is another cool one like Mid Ohio...

I'd be really happy with any of those...

10. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

I am a member of the Spanish community SpeedinLive. Currently we have focused all our activities in rFactor2. Leaving definitely competitions with rFactor1.

We have organized competitions simulating the course of 24 hours a day. We also have experienced weather conditions, playing careers in real weather conditions in the hour circuit of the race.

We have much experience with endurance racing driver change. This type of competition we had to abandon the in rFactor1 by the problems facing the program. It's a mode that we love, and so we would like to participate. We want to check if the new rFactor2 has solved the problems in rFactor1.

Several drivers of our website SpeedinLive, we are interested in participating.

The last event we have organized a simulation of 24 hours has been Spa, and it turned out very entertaining despite the lack of track lighting in some areas. In any case we will provide you a list of circuits that we have seen that this problem is not as great.

Leave link to the information page of Spa race with the Corvette. It was a race of 2 hours without driver change. On the page you have link to the replay of the race.

http://www.speedinlive.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=5463

http://www.speedinlive.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=5430

11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The only version of Spa I have seen for rF2 is not good enough quality for use in this race. That's why I left it out. But I hope the guys from speedinlive join us it sounds like you'll be a great addition. I think we're going to have plenty enough for a P2 class as well as the GT.

/my Murray Walker voice: Sensation!

Do I hear a Mid-ohio? Seconded?

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Was somebody supposed to send us some PM?

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Test race isn't for several weeks. He'll get to it. This is going to happen but it is going to take a lot of coordination of people. Let us know which track you think would be best in the mean time.

14. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Sure I'm intrested aswell

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thanks for pulling the community together for something like this, Guy. I'd like to do something semi-official at some point, maybe you can get your hands on a baseball cap like the super cool one in my avatar if you win... In the meantime, great job trying to organize. :)

Having a kid sort of ruined this for me, too. I'm hoping I can get a stable 'racing night' defined soon so I won't get bothered by wife or child that night. ;)

16. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I'm sure you guys can squeeze in a 90 min stint. I am 100% positive ANY team would be honored to say Tim raced a stint on their team. I understand about kids! It's easier for me now that mine are 11 & 13. But sadly they had no interest in sim racing :(

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Sounds great :)

@Guy: I though I post my question here because the new thread is for sign ups. Are we allowed to have 3 drivers in the 6 hour race? How are the swaps made there? Can we swap whenever we feel like it if everyone drives at least the minimum time (what is the minimum time?)? Is the starting time for 1 hour event GMT or GMT +1?

19. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

From SpeedinLive already signed three drivers:
    Trokolo - Mathius_bm - JMCardenas

We issued a proposal on our website to search for more drivers, which permits the filing of more teams.

Any assistance needed for event organization only have to ask.

It is necessary to determine the dates of the event, the time and duration of the test, and the number of riders per team, to organize better. If the test is short in real time would be enough with two drivers per team, although it would be nice trés try to test that everything works correctly with several drivers.

In the test would be mandatory convenient to a minimum number of driver changes and pit stops. It is in those moments where most problems are presented with rFactor1.

In SpeedinLive organize races on Sunday night, hours uropean. In May we not test organized on 12 and 26. Earrings that we are able to launch our FSinL Formula mod.

We will facilitate circuits we have seen have sufficient lighting to play without problems a night race.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2013
  20. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered