Would enough people be interested to get together an endurance race?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Now that we have driver swaps, could we get enough people to do a multiclass enduro with driver swaps? I mean a 4 hour race with teams of 2? Is anyone interested? Now the problem is, we'd need (for teams of 2) at least 8 drivers for the Pescarolo and at least 10 for the GT class to make it interesting. I know I can get some people up for this and that'd be a couple teams. Is anyone else game for this?

2. Edgar Herrero

Edgar Herrero Registered

I love endurance racing, and I would be up for it if it's in summer and if I can get my rF2 working again :)

3. crz

crz Registered

I didn't touch rf2 for some weeks but this sounds interesting. Count me in.

4. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Give me your skype id. I'll text you there for some more info.

5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I usually use Steam Chat, anyone can add me at guybo2000 (my Steam ID)

My skype info is jbenterprises1 but I am almost never on.

6. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Endurance racing, very interesting! What would be the race time?
    Niko lets make a team :)

7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I was thinking a Sunday evening (GMT evening) though it really depends on what most people can make. There's nothing set in stone. But if we did a 6 hour event, we could make it span enough time zones that it'd work for a variety of people in different places

8. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

I would like this but its all about timing for me, I have a 4 month old... I think the guys over in Europe could start the race and us across the pond would finish it out... Ill follow this..

9. Twista

Twista Registered

I'd totally be up for that if the Pescarolo didn't make my screen go crazy.

10. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

I would love to do this.. as long as the track was something like Mid Ohio, or Croft or any smaller type track. I so dislike long fast boring tracks.

11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I get the same prob with the Pescarolo- disable HDR and that should take care of it.

For a track, it's wide open, we can race anything. I was thinking Sebring would be a natural choice, but Mid-O is a favorite too. a lot of it depends on how many join up. The more cars are on track, the more possibilities open up for tracks. Also, if we go multi-class, some tracks are not going to be very good- like Croft. But if we have a smaller number of cars and 1 class, Croft would be great.

If we do a 6 hour race and start it at 16.00 GMT, the EU guys can start it, the US guys can do any stints and Aussies/NZ guys can do the final stints. It works out nicely that way. We'd be able to attract drivers from all over. Even guys in SA could do a first stint even though it'd be very late for them.

12. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

If all of us who have answered here find another to be a teammate, we'd have enough for a small grid. Let's beat the bushes- all of us- and find more drivers to make this happen. Before the race we have to do at least one test for the driver swaps.

Right now, we just need asses in seats, so bother your buddies and get them involved!

13. guod

guod Registered

If you need a fast, stable, free dedicated server with Teamspeak 3 to host it let me know. SimHQ Motorsports has done several events in rF1 and we're moving our SCES endurance racing series to rF2 in 2013. This would be a nice test... presuming the driver swaps are behaving. ;)

14. Pumbaa666

Pumbaa666 Registered

I'd be up for it!!!

Might even be able to get a team together from SimHQ Motorsports :D

15. CoNa

CoNa Registered

Add me too.

16. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I have a dedicated server I can use but it only works well with up to about 15 cars on track. That's in Race 07, I haven't tested it with that many in rF2, so we need to test that (especially with double that number connected). Since I would be elated with only 10 cars we should be all set unless someone has a server that is proven to handle 30 clients at once.

Everyone who has expressed interest here, please find a partner and make up a team. Once we have enough teams here, I'll start a thread for actual sign-ups. We need a venue and car now.

The obvious choices of cars would be the GT-R, 370Z, Corvette or the Pescarolo for now. Multiclass would be awesome but finding 30 drivers for 15 cars would be a huge challenge. I lean towards the Pescarolo P2 or Corvette.

Yes the SimHQ TS server would be very helpful- although I will be on a private channel with my teammate. Language barriers may impede the use of a common TS channel.

17. oqvist

oqvist Registered

Add me

18. Niissee

Niissee Registered

And me to!

19. Twista

Twista Registered

That would be nice, but disabling HDR makes my screen black.

20. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

If you want to be added when the official sign up thread goes up, post WITH A TEAMMATE name. Single players won't be accepted in. It'll be a team sign up.