Would anyone be interested in a Spark based 1960's Indy racer?

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by klaasvh, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Cheeveer

Cheeveer Registered

2. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks Cheeveer.

"Endlessly tinkered with"......that should mean a lot of setting options and pretty wide range?

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I am extremely excited about this car, I must say.

I forgot, will we get a historic Indy Oval at some point? Would be sweet. :)

4. klaasvh

klaasvh Registered

I'd just get the isi spark in dev mode and work from there. That's what I've done myself, but like I said I don't have acces to my rF2 right now otherwise I'd send it to you. The biggest change between oval and roadcourse spec sould probably be the gearbox. USAC ran their first road course in 1965 and a few guys were smart enough to replace the 2-speed gearboxes they used for oval racing with 5-speed ones. I've got some good documentation on the engine. Once I find it I'll send it your way.

5. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Okay, I will do the same, no problem.

When you find the info, I'll see it coming and for now; I'm just going to make some stuff to set it all up.

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Ow well.......it's going to take a while.
    Been busy trying to get the car in moddev and though the past few car's I've put in there were (surprisingly) no problem; this *&%ˆ*(&ˆˆ% just won't go.
    Got frustrated, gave my mouse a throw, screen was so nice to catch it for me but said right away: "I stop working for you, there's a hole in me, you ass****".

Projects on holt for now; first have to save up for a new monitor. Sorry guys.

7. Tosch

Tosch Registered

8. klaasvh

klaasvh Registered

I guess that sums up rfactor 2 modding some times. Tough luck mate. Hope you'll be back in business soon.

9. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks for the link Tosch, perfect!!

Found an old CRT screen (15"!!) :) in the attic, hehe........can do something now :)

10. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Nice! :D

Do you need any (DevMod) tracks for testing?

11. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks Tosch, I have 3 tracks in there at the moment and I can't think of a track I need right now.
    It's going to take me a few months before I have a screen again too, so I can't drive anyway. (Doesn't work on that monitor, computer hangs when I try to do that, even with adjusted resolution.)

So.......I think this is it for me; the fun is gone and this mod is forgotten or done by someone else before I get my screen.

Thanks anyway mate!

12. klaasvh

klaasvh Registered

If anyone wants to have a look, here are the meshes in 3ds max format. You can do whatever you like with them for all I care. Just remember that most car parts are created by ISI, only the body and engine are my work.

Attached Files:

13. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Klaas, I'm a bit stuck for now. You told me you had some good reading and information about these cars; do you have time to send that to me?