Workshop subscribed content query

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Andy Bonar, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Hi

Many may recall back in the old days before steam workshop, to install cars and tracks, you downloaded the files an put them into the packages folder, and installed them with mod manager.
    After you had installed them, you could remove them from that folder, and archive them somewhere else to save drive space.

So, my question, why cant steam workshop items work the same way? (Or can it already if you do something)

Something weird happened today, i launch rf2, and it starts updated packages.....about 193 of them!
    So, i check my folder (D:\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\365960) where all the steam downloads go after subscribing....and its only showing folders for the last 10 minutes! So, it has started redownloading all 193 items jsut to stick in this folder as they are already installed.

I knew about this folder, and did not delete anything, no idea what happened to the content, but thats not really the query.

Can something be done so that we dont need to have all these files? Its another 100 gb worth for me, and Im using a 500gb NVMe drive for RF2, so its taking up a hell of a lot of it, when some of it seems unnecessary.

2. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

3. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered