Workshop Discussion..continue here...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Woodee, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Not sure, if he`s able to get the sarcasm behind...

2. T@X

T@X Registered

You guys are all up and proud and full of your selves right ?
    "We helped the game grow ! Who are you !?" "We will stop doing , so you'll lern to not meZZ with M00DDAz !"
    You should reconsider your behaviour. Who is not giving the credits of what you did ? Dear untouchables ? My posts where full of compliments and praises for your work, links at your pages: your work could have been just shared with a bigger community, maybe bigger that your niche and "undergroud movement" and thats all about it. But it's your decision to not use an official game tool , and in this moment that the sim needs you more to be publicly praised, you are saying no for whatever reason. Let the sim stay in your underground if you prefer just because of this discriminating and elitist " we're full of ****" behavior". In the meantime i removed everything from there. There are just a couple of high desired tracks from the basic content right there now. Let's see how many people is still wanting to browse zillion messed sites, torrent and forums to get what they want or need. It's not up to me to decide, have any opinion about it, because you are absolutely right, it's your stuff.That's my fault. No one messes With DA IMBa M0DDAHZ !

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2015
  3. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

In some cases I wonder if it the ban is worth the satisfaction you would get by telling someone what you think about him.

Enviado desde mi SM-T530 mediante Tapatalk

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I wouldn't bother T@X... if they don't want to upload to Steam... let them sit there and ponder for a while.

There is no rush to get content to steam... no deadlines to meet, nor strife to get worried about... some of you really need to lighten up for what is supposed to be an enjoyable hobby right?

So how about you all take a step back, take a deep breath.... then make up... ok?

And the vague threats monoplazas? I think we are all old enough to worry about that. Chill.

5. monoplazas_RR

monoplazas_RR Registered

I do not understand the last sentence, but no matter, I have a question (another)

So if we, the modders (all of us) are not making grow the game, that means our work not worth nothing, the game worth the same with our content or without it, and if that's so, why so much interest to put third-party content in Steam? Why this obsession? Anyway, it is worthless, does not make grow the game.

Untouchables?, elitist? What are you talking about?.

So now you speak of "compliments and praises for their work" and three posts before you called us "trolls" for not doing what you want. The only arrogant here is you.

Maybe this is the best post after all:
    I have nothing more to say about this subject.

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

So you are going to chill and not making any more "threats"? OR ELSE! :p

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

8. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Don't annoy modders. It is that simple. If they ask for things, comply. Really, REALLY simple.

If modders want to control their stuff, let them.

While I enjoy and appreciate you, T@X, uploading and maintaining workshop items, you should totally comply with the authors wishes without even the slightest hint of hesitation.

9. Gringosan

Gringosan Registered

This is yet to be proven over time.

Another good reason not to upload other peoples content perhaps. My impression from reading thru his reply's tells me that once the initial "thrill" of contributing wears off, that will be the end of it (maintaining workshop items).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2015
  10. monoplazas_RR

monoplazas_RR Registered

Let's see if I can explain clearly in a language that is not mine:

We have nothing against Steam, but it is an official platform, not just any forum and therefore we do not want to upload anything and if we do, we want to appear with our name. I think it is easy to understand.

T@x shared something wrong, we asked him to delete it and not do it more. He did everything right and had no more problems. But it seems that he has trouble accepting this and how their desires are not fulfilled, comes to this forum to call us "trolls". This is what really bothered me. We spent many, many, many, many, many hours working in the conversions that we share FREE with the community. All we ask is a minimum of respect, I think we don't deserve to be called "trolls".

I would like to know the general opinion of the community, because maybe I'm wrong and really, to share all that content FREE with the community, effectively makes us trolls.

Attitudes like some people of this forum make us consider if really it is a good idea to share, whether it would be best to keep all work for ourselves and share it only with the most trusted friends.

I confess that I'm thinking about it.

11. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Even if you did share with close friends, we wouldn't know about the mods anyway. Not unless you came here saying "yeah well we made this mod y'all but we are not sharing it with you, bye!"

Oh and the easiest way to deal with trolls? DON'T REPLY TO THEM. ☺

I wonder what people think of their content being uploaded to drivingitalia.net by someone that it is not them? Just curious.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

12. monoplazas_RR

monoplazas_RR Registered

Do you mean something like this?:

"This is an Adria version made from scratch but it is private, I will not share it."

[​IMG]

Yes, I could do it, here or/and in youtube, it would not be wrong.

Bye.

13. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

14. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Reading the thread, I'm not sure where the joy part is. Unless you and your argument mate find it fun to annoy and argue with the modders that spend tons of time creating stuff for free...
    As a former modder, I can tell that the enjoyable part of the hobby is working on the content, but clearly not the final part which is release and deal with the whiny members of the community. No wonder why there are less and less modders out there.

BTW there are some geniuses uploading content there from other commercial games. Facepalm.

15. Cuthbert

Cuthbert Registered

Agreed. I would enjoy reading more cogent debate on the subject from you and other serious members.

But this thread has been hijacked by the Donald Trump of simracing, and we have already gone past the point of "do not feed the troll"...that occurred a few pages back when ISI staff threatened to ban him. Now it seems the tactic is just to goad him into writing something that will get himself insta-perma-banned.

Like this:

T@x: I called you a troll. You say you are not trolling. Very well, I will take you at your word, that you are serious and not winding us up.

In that case, you have made what is called among adults a category mistake:

1. RF2 mods are shared on the internet. <TRUE>
    2. Funny cat videos are shared on the internet. <TRUE>
    3. The internet is for sharing. <TRUE>
    4. RF2 mods and funny cat videos have the same shareability attributes <FALSE>

If this thread was discussing funny cat videos I would be as puzzled as you seem to be.

But for a variety of (really obvious to adults) legal, ethical, technical and civil-convention reasons listed in the previous 7 pages, cat videos and RF2 mods are not equivalent; things that are equally available to download are not necessarily of equal value. Understanding this concept is the difference between content-creators and content-consumers.

I do not believe this state of affairs is amenable to comprehension with a schoolboy understanding of Civics.

I suggest you start reading here.

16. McNolo

McNolo Registered

Convert content from other games without encouragement of non-profit, it is not illegal, and although it may seem easy, it requires a lot of work. But we are not going to get into this again, each one to think whatever he wants.

Finally, the trolls that swarm through these forums, is not going to stop us. For each one of you there are hundreds who are grateful and want this content, therefore, go and get lost!

Bye.

17. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I am making no argument.... just asking questions.

If some want to grab all their toys and storm off, then go ahead... makes no difference to me :)

Same if that racefactor guy posts a picture of a track then says "I am keeping it to myself nerrrrr" (children grow out of that tactic.... I suggest you grow up a bit). Makes no difference to me.

I tend not to worry about the things that are in production, that may never materialise.... I can't worry about something I never had in the first place :D

But still the drivingitalia.net question still stands... hmmm?

18. monoplazas_RR

monoplazas_RR Registered

You think you're the smartest in the class, but you're not really too much. You are giving lessons to others, but here we all know what you really are, but you need to say those sentences to feel good and look like you're "the coolest".

Ourself send the downloads to Drivingitalia.net and also to RaceDepartment. After we stop because we create our own private forum. Furthermore, we do not mind that the links are in the forums and float out there, but not in steam, is not a forum more, it is an official platform. We already said this before, but it seems it's very difficult to understand for you.

About the content, we can at least make our own content and enjoy it. You, the smart guy, need others to do that. ;)

19. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I am not giving anyone any lessons.... I think there is something lost in translation because you are talking out your arse!

I still just didn't see a difference about someone uploading someone else's file to drivingitalia.net (or another racing website) and giving all the credits to the original creator, and someone uploading to steam.

You still seem to want to pick a fight when there is not fight to be had.... have fun with your own content, I personally couldn't give two ****s if you released anything or not, I don't rate your content to highly on my favourite tracks lists.

20. monoplazas_RR

monoplazas_RR Registered

You don't like our content? Oh!, this is very hard, I think I can not take it.