Wont Save Settings or Login

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Skynet, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Skynet

Skynet Registered

Hi,

I have just recently reinstalled windows on my comp last week and as of today RF2 will not save any difficulty, display, sound, race or any other settings. It won't save my login info either when i tick remember me. I activated RF2, i logged in, i tried starting RF2 as Admin, then not as Admin. I reinstalled, I tried everything. I initially did manage to save some settings after first install but now it wont. I cant change from a race to a practice session for example. I tried turning off my internet security just in case it was interfering, but no joy. =(

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

When you reinstalled, did you use directories from a previous windows install? If so, permissions might not be copied over, you'd need to open each dir, and accept the warning for each... Did you freshly install rf2?

3. Skynet

Skynet Registered

Fresh windows, Fresh RF2 install. I am working on it as we speak and i have managed to get it to save in game settings by signing in as Admin. However it still will not save login info. I now have a new problem now that i am starting RF2 as Admin, It wont adjust wheel rotation to match that of the car set, instead it is using whatever degree the Logitech software is set at. I have allow game to adjust settings ticked.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2013
  4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The login info might be this:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/13741-Launcher-EXE-for-those-affected-by-7-18-7-20-DNS-change

But the rest, it sounds like a permissions issue, which is caused by lack of permission obviously. Where did you install rF2? Is it a place Windows allows files to be written?

It probably isn't communicating with the Logitech profiler because it's being run as a different user? You need to get rF2 working without running it as admin, which means not doing whatever caused it to need admin. Install it to the default locations, if you can, and make sure you don't have a permissions problem on the dirs it uses.

5. Skynet

Skynet Registered

both core and data where installed here. C:program Files (x86) Rfactor2

will try to reinstall and look in to permissions...

6. Skynet

Skynet Registered

The Launcher solved the Login problem, and it seems by playing with the folder permissions i have solved the communication problem between rf2 and Logitech profiler. With the same changes to RF2 folder permissions i think i have solved the problem with not remembering or applying settings changes.

For now i think this is SOLVED =)))

Thanks Tim