Women in Motorsport

Discussion in 'Real Racing Discussion' started by DurgeDriven, Sep 30, 2015.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Drag Racing has more women champions then any motorsport in history.

Unlike most they are not there on some whim or promoters brainstorm or to make up numbers.

These girls play hard ball and will kick your arse. ;)

http://www.dragillustrated-digital.com/dragillustrated/february_2015_-_issue_96?pg=83#pg83

http://www.dragillustrated-digital.com/dragillustrated/february_2015_-_issue_96?pg=89#pg89

--------

http://www.dragillustrated-digital.com/dragillustrated/february_2015_-_issue_96?pg=71#pg71 :p

Ashley Sandford
    [​IMG]

P.S.

It is a crying shame other disciplines remained so conceited for so long.

They only starting to wake up women make up 1/2 the world and they can race. p

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2015
  2. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

And of course the Daughters of John Force...Ashley Force Hood, Brittany Force, and Courtney Force
    [​IMG]

3. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bia Figueiredo for racing
    Claire Willians to be my boss :D

4. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

7. SRGP

SRGP Registered

The all time best : Michèle Mouton !

1985 PikesPeak

8. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Also don't forget the daughter of the Swiss drag racing European champion urs erbacher and Anita Mäkelä. Both on top fuel.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

9. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

And one could assume that a woman in F1 for example would generate more/different revenue in advertising and tap into another/new fanbase. Something the FIA would be eager to push since they only care about money?

There was a piece on female drivers on CNN recently, lots of interviews etc. Danica Patric has no intention of ever going F1, Williams Test driver Susie Wolf expressed her bitter disappointment, she even was moved aside when one of the drivers where unable to race , they atrackted an un-contracted Italian guy to do the race (last year?)
    She said 2015 was probably going to be her last year, then she would move on.

Funny enough Clair Williams said when interviewed that bigotry and bias has never been an issue for her in F1, she never felt discriminated or treated differently.
    Apart from one guy, her own father (lol) but this was way back when she started and the old guy had to get his head around the idea.

Speaking of F1, woman are everywhere, they got engineers, designers, heads of teams, aero designers, you name it, from top to bottom.

Imo its only a matter of time before a push comes from woman themselves. If it is going to happen (more frequently) then waiting for 'the guys' to make it happen is not sufficient, it has to be enforced by themselves somehow.

There has also been talk about a new F1 class just for woman. may sound iffy but on the other hand, all other sports do this as well, so why not here.

10. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Danica Patrick is too old for F1 anyway. She was never a top level driver, just a cute girl that attracted attention.

As far as women in motorsports I think of the line I heard somewhere that relates to music. "Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it". How many ugly women drivers are there? Would a ugly woman driver who could compete ever make it to top tier motorsports? Just some food for thought I guess. :)

11. SRGP

SRGP Registered

Divina Galica : from Skiing to Racing then SimRacing (iRacing :eek:)
    [​IMG]

12. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

They should not. It may be ok for sports where they would have physical contact like boxing or football etc. but there is practically no big physical disadvantage for women in motorsports. And who knows we might have some romance in the game too. Imagine a couple fighting on the track for first place. :D And the post race press conferences could be funny as hell.

13. Eddy

Eddy Registered

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Michele was awesome.

Guess it depends how you define best :)

Angelle Sampey is considered the winningest female in professional motorsports history ( 41 career wins )

[​IMG]

---------------

Stevens and Gray "00 lights" in the Semi :eek:

Then watch the Final @5:20

There is no one in Drag Racing regularly gets up on the tree" as well as she does but that final was too close. hehehe

She is in good form to take back to back titles in the toughest Series and Class in Drag Racing.

What I really like about Erica is her attitude, unashamed convictions and love for life.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2015
  15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I think it has to do with Drag Racing family culture, sure kids start as young in all motorsports but they progress through different vehicles, terrains, weather and layouts.

Where as Drag racing is focused on one thing, technique and getting from A to B as quick as possible.

No other motorsport I can think of has National recognized and sanctioned events for boys let alone girls..

That is why so many in Drag Racing are so good I think. :)

Be the place to start Den. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2015
  16. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

[​IMG]

17. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I think there was already some tension between Toto and Susie Wolf this season, forgot about what exactly but it obviously was about mercedes vs williams :)

But I was not referring to any physical issues, don't think there are any indeed. But it would take another hundred years before a healthy mix would happen at the current rate, were as a separate championship might lead to good things much sooner(?)

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

OFF TOPIC ...sorry

The other thing is the age gap to every other Elite Motorsport in the World.

I hate to go off topic but I do not have names for some of the women legends that still race today in other NHRA classes but I know of a few still competitive in there 70's, I do some research.

Any how spare a thought for Chris "The Greek" Karamesines Top Fuel Legend.
    At 28 he won his first National event in '59
    50 years at 79 later he ran the quickest and fastest pass of his entire career.
    Last year he reached one quarter final.........I believe he was 84 years old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

ON TOPIC p

Ask Courtney Force to drive Danica's or Susie's car she would jump at it.

Ask Danica or Susie to "point and squirt" her Traxxas 10,000hp Funny Car...........4-5 G's and 110mph in 1 second.

Good luck with that. ;)

Like Ron Capps said he keeps asking his Elite Motorsport mates that let him drive their cars to come and have a go of his, he is still waiting. hehehe

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

C,mon Jamie :)

I have to say I kinda of agree with you p

I know my first post had hottest NHRA women but honestly J,
    I just never really looked at female racers in that way, past the
    first look, pretty does not count for a lot unless you can beat the boys.

Got to admit though Top Fuel/Funny Car Girls typify "Beauty and the Beast" best. :)