Wish List for Audi R8 LMS/LMS Evo

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Sanchit Rathi, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Sanchit Rathi

Sanchit Rathi Registered

Hello everyone, today in the second vehicle wish list I am looking at the Audi R8 GT3 car, these wishes are also to do with detail and realism and not physics. The wish list is as follows:
    1. Endurance Lights: The Audi GT3(evo) dont come with endurance lights which is kind of strange since the Bentley, Corvette, Mercedes, Mclaren have the option for endurance lights and the BMW and Porsche come with the endurance light as standard. The audi enduro model has headlights in the center on the grill. It would be nice if a future release would add these lights. Not only add the lights but also make them turn on with a separate button not just normal (H). The picture of the endurance light is shown below:
    download (1).jpg
    2. Tire graphics: This is Evo specific. While the tire graphic is good for audi marketing, in online championships and in races they look a bit odd. Maybe those tire graphics can be removed and the tires can be blank like the 2018 GT3 model. Picture below of what I am talking about:
    maxresdefault-5.jpg
    3. Interior Light: similar to the M6 GT3 Wish List it would be nice to have the interior lights that turn on at night when you turn on the endurance lights. As mentioned in the first point a separate keyboard mapping can be made for the endurance lights, this mapping will also turn on interior lights. Picture below of the kind of interior light im talking about:
    2020-03-18 (2).png
    4. Dashboard Display: like the m6 wish list i believe the dashboard display is lacking in this vehicle as well. Below are two pictures, first is of the real one(not great quality):
    2020-03-19 (2).png
    second of the one in game:
    2020-03-19 (4).png

Along with the a more accurate display, another good thing to see would be a button to cycle through the display itself. e.g cycle through screens of the dashboard (you can check this on youtube by yourself if you dont know what I mean :) )

Another good thing would be to see the change in the TC and ABS settings on the dashboard display rather than just on the rF2 HUD. Currently if you change the ABS or TC, the fact that you have changed it shows up on the HUD of the game but not on the dashboard or steering wheel. In iracing when you change TC on a GT3 vehicle the knob on the steering wheel moves and the change is reflected within the dashboard display of the vehicle. it would be nice to see that in rFactor 2 as well.

Well that is what I think can be done for the audi to make it more appealing to the users. If I have missed out on something feel free to add by replying in this forum.

Lets try to get these wish items some engagement so that the guys at S397 know that the userbase that would like these changes or wishes is large, im sure theyll listen to the customer wishes if theres enough of us.

So let me know what you guys think of my wishes/ suggestions and please feel free to add your own

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  2. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

S397 has a lot of improvements to make in all of those fields. I don't think a majority of those are doable in this gaming engine at the moment (Second HL button, interior light, multiple pages on screen). I'm not sure if it is a priority for them.

Sanchit Rathi likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I agree with your outlook Chris, but I hope Sanchit continues to highlight missing features, especially items already available from other sims. We need to keep the team aware of how rF2 is aging.

Sanchit Rathi likes this.
  4. Sanchit Rathi

Sanchit Rathi Registered

Thank you chris for your input, thank you for informing me that certain things are not possible due to the gaming engine. Ill keep that in mind. As davehenrie mentioned I would just like to highlight some things just incase the devs see this. Also it allows for conversation to begin, like it has here, I believe this is good for the users and developers alike.

Once again thank you for informing me about the gaming engine Chris :)