[WIP] Neva Ring

Discussion in 'Locations' started by tos187, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Aside from the kart track pits that I can't find, there are really only two issues that affect the main track from a racing point of view. Everything else is just tweaks and polishing.

1) AIW needs a bit of work--the AI are a bit aggressive with the kerbs.

2) The tire stacks at the end of the longest "straight" right before the left kink pop-up too late. That kink/chicane section is a bit hard to see already (no giant sign with arrows like the other one), so making sure the stacked tires are already visible before you round the curve would be great.

2. Carlo

Carlo Registered

Thanks for the update ToS. Track doesn't CTD and is back on my list of "keepers". Just wish I could learn how to crash less often than I do.

3. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Sorry for OT but I saw a video of someone driving this is rF1. Is that version public? Can't find it anywhere. I even searched for Streckentest or whatever the video said and still nothing :(. Would LOVE to have this in rF1 especially for slower vehicles.

4. Alexims

Alexims Registered

Nice track. Nice layout and nice views from track cameras.

Thanks, tos187, good job.

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Btw I reported this new track update over at VirtualR under the news contact form. Been over a week now, and no dice.

But at least we get to read about every single version 0.001 mod that may or may not see the light of day in AC. :D

Sorry, rant off, it's early morning. Back to topic.

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Tos, do you have any updates/further work planned for this epic track? :)

7. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Did it ever get a mention on virtual aRcade ? One of the many reasons I boycot the site, so biased towards ac/pcars. Maybe isi should start sending some money to these types of sites, or give the admin some made up job. It works for wmd/kunos ;)

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Nothing was ever written about this track, even though it's one of rF2's greatest third party tracks. I wrote to VR several times, and was ignored on both accounts.

Meanwhile, here we bring you some more utterly useless pre alpha renders of some car for AC which may never see the light of day... yay. :D:rolleyes:

9. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

This track is easily in my top 5

10. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

With build 946 I'm getting horrible painting line aliasing again with this track. What is that plr.JSON line again that forces the blurring?

11. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Anyone else drive 65 g6 here? They struggle terribly with the chicanes. I tried training them using .ini method which helped a lot with one of the chicanes but then they followed very awkward lines through one or two of the other turns and slowed terribly in those places. I also tried .wis training method and it slowed them down too. It also seems like they brake too early on the start/finish curve. I also tried mistakes = 0. Anyway just reaching out to see if anyone else has had success here with 65g6 or has any other ideas or would be willing to try it and confirm there are problems. Also I have AI limiter = 0 and auto line smooth = 0.

Many thanks in advance as I have lost the good part of a day working on this and am forced to uninstall this track because of this problem :(

12. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Well as a last test before uninstalling this great track again from my PC, I tested newly-released Lada and AI are terribly slow so that makes me suspect that there are AIW improvements to be made with this track. Since it is such a great track I will install any updates but for now it is gone from my PC...

13. Andy_rsrf

Andy_rsrf Registered

:confused:

tos187 has not enough free time!

driving alone and it fits!;)

14. peterchen

peterchen Registered

As original author doesn´t seem to be around anymore (pm not answered), I leave this here:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ag3ghmioulqkg/NevaRing

AIW is not 100% incident-free, but with aggression-level <33% a clean race is possible.
    I recommend to use the new .GDB too.

Would somebody be so nice and pack this as an update for the non-packers here? :)

Cheers,
    Pete

15. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

So far so good, tried with Spark F1 and there WERE some incidents but now realize I had aggression set to 50%. Trying again with 25% and will report back...

Edit - Fairly solid. Nice job! And thanks :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  16. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Oops I forgot to mention that I believe AI are tapping the breaks too much as start-finish

Edit - Yeah I need to upgrade that from an "I believe" to a "definitely" and severely hitting breaks at S-F line. Also, just FYI, I am much faster than AI here when using NSX. No idea why... Might just be NSX talent files, default setup, etc...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  17. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Thanks for info so far P.S.R.! Very useful!
    Mh, not noticed brake-tapping at S-F. Will have a look.....

NSX-AI is propably not well calibrated, don´t know how they are on other tracks.
    All cars I´ve tested are in "normal" range.

EDIT: just checked;- all lines are super-smooth! Nothing to see here:
    View attachment 18271
    View attachment 18272

Maybe a pile up in your installation? AI is very sensitive when it comes to problems with the installation.
    Usually the first thing to make a problem when something in rF2-inst. is wrong, has to do something with AI (my experience).

EDIT2: I think there is something wrong with the X-Finish, or something, as (in Devmode) most laps I do are not timed.
    This is since I did a fresh install yesterday. :confused:
    Somethings not right with this track....

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2015
  18. matf1

matf1 Registered

I've taken a quick look and xfinish is fine. I've had this or similar issues with the pit paths in the past, specifically after adjusting the fast path. Deleting and re-pathing those 'might' be the solution here.

19. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Hi Mat,
    yes just recovered that this timing problem have to do with pits!
    If car is in a certain pitbox, several laps are counted (after going back to garage) on top of the ones really driven.
    Thank´s for checking!

But that didn´t explain the braking at S-F. I´ve seen it too now (with one particular car), but never noticed it in Gamemode (with old build),
    only in Devmode. Not yet tested the track in new build-Gamemode...... However I´m a bit lost with this.

20. matf1

matf1 Registered

Ah... if the paths are good then it can only be corridors. Maybe one or several crossing the track?