[WIP] Las Vegas Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Locations' started by iDTDoug, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

I agree with this 100%. I am a huge fan of Doug and iDT's work. Quality modder.

2. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

good news, the AIW saved ok, just have to make a complete one, fix my no rain zones, adjust a few materials and shadows and it will be done.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I can't stress enough how important a good aiw is!! Good news anyway :)

4. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

You obviously have not read properly anything I have written, Like appreciating and respecting modders work. I have Donated to and paid for various mods and cars that I think are worth it. I understand the word WIP very well.
    At no point in any post I have written have I been rude by telling people to "shut up"

My point was rF2 has masses of potential and those screen shots are a long way off showing that potential! Is that not constructive critisism?

I already apologised to the OP for my post and also I have taken on board other peoples comments.
    So you steaming in with your size 10 boots is not helping anyone i'm afraid.

5. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Hmm, not sure how I read that wrong or how that is helping anyone in any way.

You don't tell them to shut up but tell them what they have done is complete rubbish, a delayed apology after people point out how bad your original post is doesn't change what you have written.

I said people with post's like the first one of yours should simply shut up and keep that to themselves, its not helping anyone which I believe is true or do you disagree?

If my comment offended you then that's good as there is no need for such crap here as in your first post and the few others that are similar.

I don't see how I have read your original post wrongly or how it is helping anyone. I won't be taking my post back or apologising as I stand by what I wrote. Its not only aimed at you in particular but all other posts similar to your first one. Constructive criticism is welcome but that is far from it so best kept to yourself don't you think?

Maybe think before writing such things in the future so you don't need to go and retract your comments, yet keep it there for all to see. Buying mods and giving the odd donation really doesnt do anything to justify such negativity toward those giving up their free time to help provide some content for others to use. Its not all just for you and so if you dont like it just dont use it.

6. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Maybe I should have just written "Appreciate the work going into these tracks" and "Are you planning on updating the graphics"
    Maybe that way I wouldn't have got flamed so much.
    You say constructive criticism is welcome, I thought the screen shots of the track even in WIP form looked awful for a 2013 Sim and I stated that criticism.

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Take it to private messages please guys, poor old Doug's thread is getting ruined!

On topic, am I right in thinking there's two layouts for this track? Or is that another street circuit I'm thinking of!?

8. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

It's not exactly what I call "constructive criticism".

@Marc http://www.gdecarli.it/php/circuit.php?var1=1936&var2=2 It seems there was one layout, maybe you're confounding with those awful late ChampCar street tracks like Denver, San Jose...

9. ethone

ethone Registered

GPI Steve apologized and has definitely shown that he has reflected a bit on what he initially posted. I think it's clear what I think of his first post in this thread but I think his reaction was quite decent after some feedback.

Doug, if you have now managed to save the AIW for Las Vegas ist there any chance you can do the same for Cleveland?

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah knew there was one street circuit that had two layouts, just thought it was this one for some reason! cheers for that

11. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

I'll re-visit cleveland after i get this done, its a different build # so maybe they fixed something. Yes, this does have 2 layouts, but minor, one has the artificial chicane just before pit-in as in real life, and one doesnt. Both have a chicken exit before actual pit-in, so if you accidentally commit to entering the wrong side of the undercrossing you can re-enter the track before triggering the pit-in.

All the building graphics are real photos taken directly from the course, i walked it 3 times. Trust me, they look ****tty in real life too.

12. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Maybe we should not bring any tracks over and just wait yeah.........:p
    The number 1 thing people want to do is race on whatever track

Me personally I wouldn't invest as much time into rf2 if there weren't the array of tracks that are out there that we have ATM
    get rid of every converted track good or bad and what are you left with ....Sweet FA but more than F12012 LOL

13. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

THX for another track in RF2 Doug

14. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

cant get rf2 to save a garage path to an existing aiw. all options CTD. Im gonna save the path as the track, then try adding it manually by changing its branch id.

15. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

still having aiw issues regarding the garage path but making progress. My flag people dont wave either so something is wrong there. Dev mode works ok but i cant test in game yet as it crashes.

16. ifrans

ifrans Registered

we keep waiting, hopefully you find an answer:)

17. dradecki

dradecki Registered

I feel your pain Doug. I can get things working in DevMode but not in the Game. Very frustrating.

18. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

good news, it loads in game! bad news, the garage path still doesnt work. They just drive towards pit road (through fences). So i have a feeling i'll need to redo the paths.
    [​IMG]

19. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Just start everyone out in the pits

20. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

The first 25 garage spots are in the pits, but a proper circuit should have garage spots for at least 30 teams, 3 cars each.