WIP - F2 skinpack

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Ryno917, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

I'm trying to make my exhaust pipes matte on some cars. I've modified the cube map to have a considerable blur, much desaturated and darkened. In the spinner the pipes are quite matte, but on track they're still very glossy. Anyone know what the problem may be? All exhaust pipe GMTs have been updated to use the new texture.

[EDIT] It's just occurred to me that it's taking the real-time environment reflection, not the cube map reflection unless the reflections are turned off... Any way around this with hex editing, or would the GMT need to be re exported with changed material settings? I'd rather not get into that.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
  2. Senna12

Senna12 Registered

Hi,

If you make the textures alpha channel white does that reduce the reflect?

kind regards,

Sean

3. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

The main texture has a black alpha channel (which should be matte?), and I've done the same with the CPIPE_S.DDS file and there's still a noticeable gloss to it. It looks like it's simply a material setting.

4. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

Alright, here's a little update on where I'm at. Since restructuring, I'm having to basically redo all of the old cars. Still have a few more to implement (as well as a few ones you guys haven't seen yet). In the picture there's a new team I hadn't shown before. I have to fix the alignment issue with the number on the nose.

Aside from the liveries themselves, I've worked on the sidewall textures, goggles and wheels. I'm going to update the seat texture (and maybe drop the seat altogether for some cars) as well, since it's pretty low res in the default cars. The goggles and the seat are two of the textures that I'm going to try to replace in the default cars through way of trickery as well, but I'm not 100% sure if it will work online, yet. I'm going to work on the helmets and suits for these cars as well (two generic suit variations will be done, as well as a few different helmets) for a little added variety in the field, too.

I'm going to get back to work on getting the old cars updated and brought into the new structure, and paint a couple more. Once I have the EVE stuff 100% finished I'll move on to the Spark cars.

View attachment 9950

Let me know what you think.

5. Senna12

Senna12 Registered

looks good:)

6. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Looks good to me, I think I will claim the 5 car.

7. Pilot37

Pilot37 Registered

What became of these skins?

8. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I don't know, maybe author is back and stuck in Chicago again, maybe we could get some cab fair gathered up.

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

10. sergioloro

sergioloro Registered

i hope next months able to continue with my project of bring to life many 60's f3 cars, like lotus 18 :)

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned