[WIP] F1RFT 2013 by F1RFT Professional Modding Group

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by GTClub_wajdi, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Ok - maybe there was an early version. Heres the link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/nnfb3mgtmoxo6hk/F1RFT2013+JDT.rfmod

2. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I'm sorry to say Adrian, but that's no way to motivate good modders. Guys in here have been complaining about the grip, were putting up a list of all RFT "had to fix" and now you're saying this. No wonder modders don't release anymore or don't want to share.
    Not every mod can be 100% to YOUR satisfaction. And if a mod isn't; don't play it.
    They spend a lot of time making this as they thought they should and there are people loving it (me for example) so don't "scare them off".

Anyway; JDT is a sound mod for F1RFT and I took the liberty to combine those two; the final version of F1RFT and the sounds of JDT. In the link above your last post, is that mod I shuffled and in that one, I adjusted the grip by about 10% less.

Take a look at it, try it out and let me know what you think of it. Believe it or not; your posts about it, were the main reason I sat down for this today, to lower the grip.
    I hope you like it!

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

navigator

thanks a lot, yes I'll give it a try after my holidays & look forward to it,
    apologise if my comments were un-motivating etc the mod is an excellent addition to rf2 I'm sure,

I seriously enjoyed rft2011 on refactor 1 so I no doubt in for a real treat rft2013 in rf2

thanks again

p.s I'm always a bit twitchy about grip levels etc

5. Navigator

Navigator Registered

No need to apologize!
    you are a bit twitchy about grip and I am a bit "itchy" when it comes to criticism on a mod such as this. You see, in the early days of this topic, there was a lot of negativity and the result is, they never released the mod here anymore. Who can blame them? So I jumped on your back a bit ;)
    But you're not to blame for that, so, I hop off now :)

I hope you like the lowered grip and have a nice holiday!

6. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

You are right.

Sorry to RFT team, i was trying to be constructive but lack of english skills maybe sounded rude. And quite unfair since, despite my criticism, is the most used F1 mod by me.

Btw Navigator, how do you manage to lower the grip in your file?

7. miver

miver Registered

8. cosimo

cosimo Registered

When trying this mod, I heard the spotter warn me about cars on the inside and other things I didn't catch immediately!

I'm wondering if this is a mod-specific feature or not...

9. B. Gant

B. Gant Registered

can someone share what settings in rfm they edited to make parc ferme work correctly? with the default final version, nothing can be changed after qualifying, if you have your server plr line "multiparcferme" on 1,2, or 3. all settings are open if on "0"

IF we have to go without parcferme this season, so be it. Just wondering if anyone edited so that it works as i should

10. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Modders should grow some balls mostly, not everybody is going to like what is made just because it's done in someones spare time, but that doesn't mean everybody is free to
    slag them off like there's no tomorrow!. Obiously there are limits but the trend that all opinions which aren't 100% positive are considered demeaning or
    demotivating is starting to sound like an excuse. This last remark isn't aimed at you Navigator, I see it everywhere around the forums. Apparently if you don't share the same opinion as 'the flock' you're automatically assumed the most horrible person around it seems...
    That is just weird, even constructive posts are firstly seen as abrasive and then even need explanation... That you remember a list as things of 'had to fix' says more
    than enough. Bad things are thought of first instead of the constructive way. That list was meant as an organized way to combine feedback and present it to RFT in
    the hopes they would take it at all seriously and would like to receive it in such a way (as I would, organized clear feedback is scarce within the modding community!).
    Organized feedback is much easier to deal with and receive and act upon than 1000 of separate posts.

Nothing personal to your end but I think it is shame to see this trend of negativity to a lot of things, it's like people read the first two words of a post and start foaming
    at the mouth already before reading and thinking about the rest...

Absolutely :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2014
  11. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I agree with you; just because guys can make a mod, they don't have to throw every kind of crap out there!
    But; this mod is far from crap and the main issue is that some guys say the grip is to high.
    You have to see it all in perspective; off course you can say you don't like it and/or give up some points that could be better, but it's more the tone some guys said it in.
    Modders make things for their own use or for their own league (let's just say in this case) and are so kind to let us drive it too; that's awefully nice! So, guys saying things "negative" (as you said I see it but that's not really the case, you know that) is not motivating those guys to share if they don't "have to".

But we've been over this before, you know how I think about it and I know how you think about it. No need to start that up all over, right?
    I already said I jumped on his back a bit; I shouldn't have.

On a personal note; I have spend a lot (A LOT!!) of hours in making the sound "mod" and lowering the grip........and now I have to justify myself........so it feels. So; I am starting to regret I looked into this topic again and wanted to be nice.
    Of course, our discussion is not due to the "mods" I made, I know that, but I better left it alone; would have saved me a high blood pressure ;)

12. miver

miver Registered

13. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Tone is in the eye of the beholder, and that is one of the points I tried to bring up. Usually and especially lately, regardless of tone,
    it almost seems automatically ill intent is assumed. That is a weird trend and not a very positive one at that, it seems a downward
    spiral to me without a positive outcome if we're not careful.

Yes I was part of that discussion and despite the right intentions people were stumbling over each other to speak up on how offended
    they were by the shear idea of not being entirely happy with the work someone had done and to think of organized feedback was sheer
    blasphemy. At least, that is the idea I got... The problem is, just like with modding for rFactor2 in general, people like to use opinions of
    others for granted and spread those around instead of thinking for themselves. If that means constructive meant feedback can't be separated
    from slagging off people anymore, we have a serious problem.

Indeed we know how we think about this stuff you and I, both differently, but the funny thing is that in the core we're kind of agreeing :p
    It's just with maths maybe, the same outcome but a different approach.

You should not have to justify yourself, that is already a negative kind of thought! That almost feels like defending yourself and that is what
    proves my point a bit that I'm trying to make I guess. He asked a genuine question and you're not even the guy who builds the RFT mods
    so there really is no need to justify anything only what you tell yourself. I really hope to try the mod this afternoon :)

edit:
    I was wondering something. There seem to be quite some different people doing F1 mods. Why don't all those guys group up and form an F1 modding
    group to get the best possible season mod out there? All those guys individually would be even better with all knowledge and effort combined I reckon :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2014
  14. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well, I don't want to attack Adrian again, but someone had made a great effort and made a complete mod; now he is saying "only the livery's were nice".

But you keep coming on to me with I take it all in the negative. I have enough to worry about and more than enough things that may give me a heartattack anyway, so; I'm done here. I don't want to have anything to do with it anymore.
    Sorry for everything and trying to be nice; I won't anymore.
    So; before I get some more things to worry about, I remove the links; no one can say anything anymore ;)

You were right, I was wrong although I don't know why the...........nope; you are right!

15. bwana

bwana Registered

I for one am very glad I downloaded before the links where taken down...

There are more here who appreciate the effort than those who don't and who's opinion shouldn't really matter anyway.

Thanks again navigator

16. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Holy cow I can't say anything here or it's taken the wrong way!
    It was never about being right or being wrong!

17. Navigator

Navigator Registered

It's more the discussion you won't leave alone. As I said, we've been over this, using pm too. I don't want to keep starting over and over and over.........justifying myself again and again, repeating myself again and again.
    More things to life, no need for a heartattack!

You are right!

18. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I have no need to be right, as I've said:

Also remember I didn't post towards you personally just to slag you off or anything!

19. Navigator

Navigator Registered

20. B. Gant

B. Gant Registered

LOL...plr....the other parc ferme settings aren't with "multiparcferme" in the plr.....

found it....sorry for bad question.