[WIP] Chapman Track Creator

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by TChapman500, Dec 10, 2013.

1. TChapman500

TChapman500 Well-Known Member

@machine: I already have the banking transitions figured out (I think) as part of the elevation profile of the track. Those will be modeled as Bezier curves. Since variable-radius corners seems to be in high demand, I'll see what I can do about implementing the Euler Spirals.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a quick progress report, I've been spending the past few weeks implementing DirectX as a DLL for the track editor. Modularizing the code has taken second priority (a distant second) to getting the rendering engine working.

2. TChapman500

New blog post. And last one that gets posted at that particular site.

3. TChapman500

Several things have come up recently which have forced me to put this track editor on hold. I'll post back as soon as I can resume progress on the track editor.

4. TChapman500

Okay, I just found this thread on this forum and have just recovered my account. There has been an update to the progress of this track editor on YouTube, here. I will need a few days to get myself reoriented to this new forum and the changes that ISI has made to the system concerning rFactor 2.

5. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Well-Known Member

Welcome back!

I will only say that you are my latest hope in order to get a proper track building tool. I already lost all my faith in RTB. Lack of control is what better describes it. Well, that and lack of support and user orientation.

Today using BTB is still my option if I start a new project.

You have all my support if you need it.

6. TChapman500