This post is mainly directed @Marcel Offermans @Tuttle but if anyone else can add some input it all helps After doing wipers for the Aussie Legends cars Ive been flooded with request to help with other peoples wipers. So I'm guessing everyone is have this problem and can't work out why and asking the guy who got it working. What I have noticed is I get different results where the smear animation doesnt match the chl2 UVs In the past week I've done 2 cars. The first car just fell into place (I used the same UVs for chl1 and 2 and then changed chl1). The 2nd car I could not get the wiper smear animation to show on the windshield but I could see it on the rear window. Even though chl2 was mapped correctly it appeared it was using the chl1 UVs. After really thinking about what I have done differently to the first car the only thing I could think of was I mapped the chl2 UVs first then changed the chl1 UVs. So I moved chl1 UVs to chl3 (so I could save them) then moved chl2 UVs to Chl1. I tested in dev and smear was now in postion. So I then moved the chl3 UVs (the old chl1) back to chl1 and all is working. So can @Marcel Offermans @Tuttle confirm that this is either a bug or the correct procedure is to map the chl2 UVs first before chl1. I don't understand why it should matter which UV is done first but doing chl2 first (but saving chl2 to chl1 then remap chl1) is the only way I can get it working for me!