SOLVED Windows Template for S397 Callaway Corvette C7.R

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Jimmy, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Hi

I know this is a rather old thread, but I have some questions according the bumper template of the Callaway Corvette.

I downloaded the templates and could figure out (with the help of the screenshots in this thread) that the bumper template must be exported as <something>extra2.dds - I assume it needs to be exported with "DX5 / generate" mipmaps options (using gimp) like I it is with the body skin(s) after flatten the layers.

I did a skin which is simply named alt91.dds, so I have alt91_region.dds and alt91.json ... I added alt91extra2.dds and it does work from time to time and I do not see the mistake or what I am doing wrong.

So I decided to give alt91_extra2.dds a chance but it seems not to work.

At least in material manager / customize area of rF2 I cannot get it being displayed all the time.

Long story short ...

a) what do I need to choose for exporting templates like bumper.psd and window.psd?
    b) where do I get information how to name those templates (bumper is not mentioned in veh file as extra2 also not)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Stone

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I think you only have crystal banner and skins

3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I can't look at you because my game template folder has disappeared for the umpteenth time

4. At the moment I feel a little bit lost because sometimes it is working, sometimes not.

Attached a screenshot - file is called alt91extra2.dds, DX5 / generate mm exported. I will also attach the template.

Attached Files:

5. It seems that it is based on some caching or so, I do not know exactly - I could workaround the issue by editing the alt91.mas file (which is generated by the material editor) by myself adding alt91extra2.dds and alt91window.dds and not entering the material editor again.

As soon as I do both files seem to be removed from alt91.mas for whatever reason.

It is not the best but it is working.

Also with GIMP I like to add for windows you need flatten the image, add a layer mask to the resulting single layer, choose existing "Alpha1" layer and export it with DXT5 / generate mm - otherwise the windows will not be transparent (thanks to someone on YT for his video about windows creation in rF2).

edit: thanks to Aiden Millward on YT :

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2022
    juanchioooo likes this.