Windows 10 rFactor 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ika, Aug 3, 2015.

1. ika

ika Registered

[​IMG] hi guys I install windows 10 and me game wont running also install thes files still nothing worcks any solutions? b4 was ok on windows 7 I reinstall game install nothing helps :(

2. Tosch

Tosch Registered

You can try to install the visual c components manually (rF2Datafolder\Support\Runtimes). Just install all versions (4 files).

3. ika

ika Registered

ok tahnks I did worcks nice thank you again for help

4. AK1504

AK1504 Registered

For me rF2 crashes seconds after try to start single or multiplayer. It works when i force it to use 32bit mode...

5. stonec

stonec Registered

Sounds like faulty plugin, 32-bit mode disables (64-bit) plugins.

6. Tom Satherley

Tom Satherley Registered

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Anyone running Crossfire successfully with W10? did a quick google and there's a few issues it seems.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The software works, it's just whether you have the associated runtimes. Seems MS doesn't upgrade those and instead leaves you without them. As Tosch said, we include everything our software should need in the installer. If they failed to run, or you upgraded Windows, you'll need to run those runtime installers.

9. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

I dare say there will be a bunch more upgraders coming along soon as the free upgrade period is due to expire soonish.

I upgraded my rig this week - my framerate (across the board) dropped to roughly 50% of what I had under Win7 (single gtx 970) despite getting Nvidia experience to install (allegedly) the current drivers.

Faffing with the nvidia control panel settings did not help - neither did an attempt to download and install older drivers - both routes having been suggested elsewhere.

Anyway, I'm happy to say that what did work for me was to right-click on the display adapter in the Device Manager, uninstall the device/driver and then manually install the current Win10 nvidia driver via a download from their website.

Framerate both in rf2 and in a benchmark programme both immediately doubled and returned to normal. Happy days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk