Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update...no difference

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Oct 22, 2017.

1. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Yup.

2. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

@Magus Did you install FCU as an upgrade, or did you do a clean install? I am getting freezes in rF2 + VR since upgraded, it starts fine and runs fine, but once in a while freeze happens and that ruins the race.

Are you using in game AA? Considering problems with AA in AMS, I wonder if turning off AA is one last thing to try.

3. Magus

Magus Registered

@The Iron Wolf I ran the Windows 10 Update Assistant & updated my version of WIndows, so no I don't have a fresh install with 1709.

I'm on Steam Beta, Occulus Beta, W10 1709, & WHQL 388.00 (I always uninstall display drivers using DDU in Safe Mode (twice) before installing new drivers).

I've not changed anything in the Nvidia profile for rF2 apart from forcing VSYNC off & the power management mode preferring maximum performance. I don't run Oculus Tray tool or Debug Tool, and Oculus Home runs in the background along with Steam VR Beta.

In-game AA = 2 & SteamVR SS = 1.7

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  4. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I don't use VR but had issues with my CSW wheel and other peripherals since winduz FCU (or was that FU or major FU :p o_O) I reinstalled or updated/repaired all my drivers and it seems to have had an effect, at least my wheel is working again. Not sure this will help you but may be worth checking. :)

5. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Yes, I had to reinstall Fanatec driver (and a bunch of other drivers, mostly because I have problematic motherboard, X79). I think I found a setting that helped me to use FCU + VR, but I need to test it more before sharing here.