SOLVED Window and skin help

Discussion in 'Modding' started by GurtonBuster, Dec 28, 2017.

1. GurtonBuster

GurtonBuster Registered

Using EnduRacers right now but will also but painting for GT3 World Series and possibly S397 GT3. Two issues: first is the Zytek for ER; I've everything packaged together and named right but I still have a wonky end result as seen here. https://i.imgur.com/z7Ls22N.png

Second issue: windows/headlights. You could see the headlights in the Zytek above, but it's also the windows. https://i.imgur.com/AfhbFZG.png. Not sure what I need to save the file as to get the windows and lights to look right.

Saving process: flatten image, export as dds (in gimp), choose BC3 / DXT5 and generate mipmaps. Obviously something different needs to be done for the windows/headlights dds file but I don't know what; any help is greatly appreciated.

2. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Ok, The first one is the car has two configurations If you look at the templates you'll see there's two different Body types. In game you have Zytek 07S and the Zytek Z11SN Nissan. They come as one or two templates, The second as a BodyExtra for the body. This Extra is usually the larger center wing and has the different front for the endurance races that require more lights. You'll also see that there's is two different Shading layers. One suit the 07S, the other is the Z11SN. Looking at your screenshot you have the Z11SN template (Shading) on the 07S model. Thus the blacked out sections around the rear fenders and deck.

The second thing with the windows. It looks like there is no Alpha. No Alpha, No transparency. Open the DDS in a program that you can view channel's.
    You should have 5 layers something like this,
    upload_2017-12-29_15-55-44.png
    This is Photoshop but it's give you the idea. See the tabs, Layers, Channels. Paintshop Pro doesn't have this and you can't view the channels. Gimp I'm not sure off but I have read you now have this option. Could be wrong.
    Windows without a Alpha always shows as solid. No transparency.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    GurtonBuster likes this.
  3. GurtonBuster

GurtonBuster Registered

Well I'll be, I thought for sure I had the right configuration on the Zytek. Took a look and you were (unsurprisingly) right.

Gimp must've taken the alpha channels, I found a dds plugin for Photoshop and all is well now. Thanks for the help!!