Win 8 & Dual Graphic problem

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by jaypee racing, Feb 1, 2013.

1. jaypee racing

jaypee racing Registered

Hi guys,

I guess this is a bug of the rfactor installer/config because I managed to get it working on win 7 already. So here's the problem:

I run a dual graphic card notebook (Lenovo Y580 with Intel HD 4000 and Nvidia GTX 660) and upgraded to Win 8 yesterday. Installed latest Nvidia drivers.
    In win 7 and 8 it is possible to open the Nvidia settings and set rfactor to use the GTX card to run. Now since the upgrade it still lets me set it up like that but the game doesn't start with the GTX. Even in the rf Configure Sim prog it doesnt even show the card. I tried to open the game directly from the Windows explorer context menu and told it to start with Nvidia processor, but then it gives the error "no mod file found".

Strangely both methods work with GTR2. So I'm really planless on how to make it work, any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks!
    JP

2. KnifeSGS

KnifeSGS Registered

Hi,

I have the same problem. I tried switch in nvidia panel to use only gtx660, but it uses still the HD4000. If i start the config from *\Core\ it uses the gtx, but cannot start the game with rfactor2.exe
    Ive tried to update my nvidia driver(from 310.33 to 313.96), but still the same.

It looks only the launcher cannot recognize the second gpu...

Thanks!
    Knife

3. KnifeSGS

KnifeSGS Registered

I've tried to reinstall the drivers, but still the same.
    Compatibility mode dosent helped too.

4. KnifeSGS

KnifeSGS Registered

Interesting news.
    I have started the game, still says only HD4000 available. Then i started a race and was quiet ugly, but runs smooth. Ive tried set config higher in game, and in nvidia panel too.
    The nvidia panel says under gpu activity, rfactor running with gtx660.
    In 1366*768 resolution is 10-15 more fps as 1920*1080, and almost everything in full. Is it possible with HD4000 alone? Im afraid not. So, in my opinion only the program says its only a HD4000, but uses the GTX660.
    Pictures from it:
    View attachment 6079
    View attachment 6080
    View attachment 6081
    With fullhd:
    View attachment 6082
    Nvidia settings (sorry, its hungarian):
    View attachment 6083
    View attachment 6084
    View attachment 6085

5. jaypee racing

jaypee racing Registered

Hi,

great, that solved the problem! Just had to configure the ingame settings as if there were the GTX card, on track it seems to work. In the meantime Nvidia support came to the conclusion that it must be because of the game.

Thanks!
    JP