Will Xbox One Controller ever be properly supported?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trebor901, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Trebor901

Trebor901 Registered

I know theres been a lot of questions regarding no vibration etc. regarding this controller but i want to know whether the studio397 guys actually plan on giving it some attention because we all know this is a race sim at the end of the day and designed to be played with a wheel BUT there are a lot of people out there that either cant afford a wheel or dont have space for one.

Me personally ive always had a wheel up to the point i moved out of my parents house 3 years ago. With only recently getting back on pc i find myself using the xbox one controller as i cant afford a wheel and dont want to annoy neighbours (as i live in a first floor flat) with the noise they can make. Also with having a young child evenings with the gamepad make it easier and quieter once he's in bed.

Only thing i think lets it down badly is the fact theres no vibration as you really have no feel for what the car is doing in regards to feeling oversteer or too much throttle application through the vibration like you would in other games like pcars2 or assetto corsa. I love rfactor 2 think it looks brilliant and has some great content but just get frustrated when im constantly fighting the car as i have no feel for what its doing.

2. misi

misi Registered

I have exactly the same idea!
    Let’s try Race room racin experience, and you will discover for sure the potentialities of the xbox controller.
    So, please studio397 ask our prey

3. Trebor901

Trebor901 Registered

Yes raceroom is great with the controller, and also Automobilista which uses the old rfactor 1 engine as a bass even supports the vibration but rfactor 2 still doesnt.

misi likes this.