Will this PC run rFactor2 on max settings?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hexagramme, May 25, 2013.

1. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

for gaming probably not that much. > However prices on the former models might go down. Another consideration is to remain future proof and get the new socket...(there are also some technical differences but the performance on stock settings should not differe much than 10% in best cases > which does not mean you'll get 10% more frames...)

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Being future proof by getting the latest socket when talking about Intel is not a good reason as they change socket types for CPU's all the time. Look at how long the 1155 and 1156 have been out and you can see that they are now pretty much going to be obsolete with the new CPU and sockets. Intel never keeps a socket design very long, so buying just to get the socket is a bad idea.

3. Sofo

Sofo Registered

With this rig you should be able to enjoy RF2's beautiful graphics *cough* ;)
    You'll get lots of fps, that's for sure.

I hope there are other games you want to play with up to date graphics that make your rig shine.
    F1 2012 has good graphics. Good physics too.

4. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

LOL please...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes rFactor 2 looks sooooooo bad...please...with a GTX560Ti OC I got 60+FPS all maxed. You will be more than good with that setup and one screen.

Game will look way better in the future...more natural and realistic than those shiny games.

5. Sofo

Sofo Registered

Looks much better on your photos. Is it due to HDR profiles?

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Come on now, I think rFactor looks pretty amazing in terms of graphics. :) I'm wondering; which memory resources are used for AI and car physics? CPU RAM or GPU?

But I do know that there are other much prettier games out there, and yes I do plan to make the rig work its magic. I'm looking forward to trying out F1 2012, with maxed out settings and some sweet mods.

7. osella

osella Registered

I also advise waiting for new intel CPUs. It should only be few weeks now, if you buy current CPU you won't be able to upgrade later due to new socket.

8. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Pls share with us what all have u done with ur game

I have added something called SweetFX and DLed some HDR effects, i must say the result is pretty similar

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Hey, before you buy a 2Gb 680, consider a 2Gb 670. They can come pretty darn close to 680 performance, especially with some overclocking. They are usually going for 260-310 used on eBay.

10. coops

coops Banned

new gtx770 is out give it a look

11. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Yes of course, HDR´s are what make the games look way better. When you select the tracks, when you are in the pit/garage click on "settings" and you´ll see the option "HDR". Select "realistic clear" (it works in some tracks not all of them), that is the good one. Still with some minor glitches but it makes the game looks fantastic.

That gives you an idea of what ISI can do. ;)

A lot of people use to play with old rFactor tracks and convertions and that makes the game look bad...
    If you use the actual ISI content with the mods/tracks made from scratch only, as "Feels3" tracks or Virtua LM ones (re-made for rFactor 2) the "jump" in quality is very noticeable and it is what rFactor 2 should look like. Same with the new mods like T5 series, F1 RFT, etc, good modelling is what this game needs.

And wait till WSGT 2 and Classic Cars mod by Mak Corp are finished...

[​IMG]

Hope you can change your mind about how rFactor 2 looks. Just avoid old content and wait for the best. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
  12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I remember it took a good few years before modders could take advantage of the RF1 game potential. If graphics look this good now, just imagine what potential there is in a couple of years time...it'll be great!

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

How much is the gtx770? I think it's just a rebranded 680, in which case I'd rather just buy a used 680 4Gb for 370-430.

14. Sofo

Sofo Registered

No doubt it has potential, and looking forward to it.