Will rFactor2 Graphic Be As Good As Project CARS?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by taufikp, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thank you, that does answers some questions!

But the 10 euro is one time only I make from this?
    Meanwhile I found something to read about it and that says that when you put in the 10 euro, you still have to buy a level(?) that you want to drive?

Or is it so that the cars that are all out now, you have to buy those if you want them and if you don't do that, you "just" get the new builds?
    I don't know what a level costs?

Hopefully you agree with me that rocket science is easier? :)

2. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

You've gotten some misinformation at some point or have made some wrong assumptions. =)

But to start off: Yes, one time payment of 10€ is enough, though you can upgrade your "tool pack" (it's what the levels are called) if you for example want to start getting the weekly builds. If you're happy with the monthlies, then you don't need to pay more than the 10€ at any point. The money buys you a "tool pack", 10€ for Junior, 25€ for Team Member, more for Senior etc., and they have small differences on what you get for your money. Sign up on to the forums (doesn't obligate you to anything), and before you have to pay for anything you can see what the levels offer and how much each level costs. There are five levels, ranging from 10€ to 25 000€.

The graphic artists and physics guys are constantly working on new cars and improving older ones, and every time they have it in a form that can be added to the build (meaning way before it's finished, basically just when most of the modeling and texturing is done and it shows up in the game alrigh) they add it and you'll get it in the next build that's available to you. As it stands now all the cars and tracks that get added to the game are available for each and every member (as long as they have a new enough build that is), though whether that'll be true after 9-12 months when there are even more cars than now, no idea. At the moment the plan is to keep all of the content the same for all members so that everything gets as much testing as possible, but it's a big community with people wanting different things, so it might come to a vote at some point to keep some content reserved for higher levels. Probably that won't happen (how will they get tested if they did it like that?) but you never know 100% certain.

You have to remember though: Unlike with rF2 you ARE NOT PURCHASING THE GAME. You are funding the development of the game and becoming a part of the team. Whether pCARS will come out as a Free-to-Play game with micro-transactions or a boxed game or both isn't decided yet, but in any case you are not buying the game yet. I'm in for 25€ (at the moment) and if the game comes out in the form of a boxed copy I still have to buy it separately, I'm only funding development right now.

3. shum94

shum94 Registered

:rolleyes:

4. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

5. isamu

isamu Registered

That looks sublime

6. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

It's unfair to pCARS to post videos of features that haven't been implemented in it yet (day->night transitions for example). That is just fudging with the lighting parameters. =)

7. Caterham_Super_7

Caterham_Super_7 Registered

I am a complete computer illiterate however I bought both, and see them as completely different products. Rfactor 2 is a "Simulator" and Project cars is a "Game". One is better than the other - but they will appeal to completely different markets. If you want to race and show the video to your buddies - Project C.A.R.S. is ideal - the graphics are simply gorgeous. However if you want to drive in the real world, Rfactor 2 currently cannot be beaten. With a G-25 the difference is akin to driving a '66 Chevrolet Impala to a '82 Caterham Seven (Ive had both before you ask). The programs (just like the aforementioned cars) are to be loved for different purposes. RF2 feels raw - like the real thing whereby C.A.R.S. feels like a movie attached to the wheel. neither product is finished but I think- from what I have experienced - RF2 would be the program I would choose as a regular "Track-day" driver.

8. JDilla

JDilla Registered

I have a question to the way, physics and graphics is calculated. At the moment i use a 2500K with 3.8Ghz, 8GB Ram and a GTX280. Because the AA is not perfect in default, i use the SSAA-Tool from nVidia to improve the AA to fullscreen (2x mode). With this settings, the CPU more or less "idles" with something like 10-20% usage. The GPU works on its limits, vRam + GPU ist fully loaded.

Several times, someone said, good graphics AND a very good physics would be to much for the "common" system. I thought the physics is calculated from the CPU, until i checked the usage. Whats wrong in my thinking? Good physics seems not to be the killing part, if we look for performance. Or is the physics also be calculated from the GPU? I cant see the problem, building a engine that have great physics (4 Core CPU´s do have enough power) and nice graphics.

9. taufikp

taufikp Registered

After build 60 is out, now my hope that ISI can pull the graphic quality up is raising again. Maybe not as good as Project CARS, but who knows.

Hopefully ISI in the future will let modders to create their own shaders for rFactor 2. Just like what has happen in rFactor 1 scene, custom shaders released by SimRacingPL is beautiful and bringing fresh air to rFactor 1 graphic engine.