Wierd ???'s when clicking on menus?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by me you, Jan 7, 2018.

1. me you

me you Registered

Ok- so I noticed that when I'm clicking around the menus now that a couple of ???'s appear beside the cursor- anyone else noticing that? Like when I finish a race, and hit exit to go to the main race menu where you can watch the replay, when I click on any link there is when it occurs- just wondering if Anyone else notices that? come

2. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

It’s just a "Please wait" indicator, isn’t it? Like the "dots going round in a circle" thing.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

On mine the 'busy' indicator is a small trail of Z's next to the pointer. I can bring that up by opening a replay from the main menu. I think that's the only time I routinely see it. Is that the one?

4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Before it has been some Z's around of the cursor, which i have translated for myself with 'this will last a while now, go and get some coffee, or 'go out with the dog'.
    The ?'s, i would translate with 'what the hell is happening now?'.
    But in the end, yes, it is just another cursor icon. :)

5. me you

me you Registered

Hmmm now that you all mention it- I'll have to look with my other stronger glasses lol- it might very well be Z's and not ?'s- I was a little worried it might have been a virus as sometimes viruses will act like that- I've seen similar acting viruses in the past, where symbols woudl follow the mouse cursor around- but it seems you are right, it's most likely a 'wait a minute please' sign- The reason i brought it up is because i hadn't noticed it before i installed several mods- all from steam- so they should be ok- but got a little nervous seeing the Z's around the cursor after the mod installs- (Note, the Z's probably were there before, but i just didn't notice them before the mod installs) - Thanks all for responding- seems the Z's are nothing to be concerned about-