Wich is better? (graphics card setup Cross Vs Single)

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by SLuisHamilton, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

What ever happened to 3dFX??? They made better SLi cards (multi GPUs on same card) or The VooDoo 2000 which could be added to any graphics cards available at the time. (mid to late '90s) I had a VooDoo 5000 (2 GPUs) and two VooDoo 2000 cards to compliment the 5000.

Final analysis is; Spend your money on one whopper of a video card... forget about SLi, Crossfire. I've tried it numerous times, with different cards, and have been disappointed every time. And, it is no longer an option when I'm building a gaming box for a customer. They can do it later... If that's what they want to do. Too many complaints about the lack of performance and video problems.

IMO, all SLi and or Crossfire does is give you bragging rights about how much money you've dumped on video cards.

Go with someone's top, or near top card, and you won't be disappointed. Even if it's a generation or two old... Still much better than two cards. Remember... numbers do lie!

Hope this helps,

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2012
  2. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Helped a lot. I will go with what you´re speaking (invest on a good single gpu).
    All opinions helped to decide and understand. Yhanks to all.