Why we can't have better weather effects?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Nick9320, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

[​IMG]

This pic I did in ModDev with cloudthinlower1 sky

It is obvious for me that this game could looks really great even in rainy weather with some proper settings and tweaks. Picture like this you just can't get in the multiplayer race with dynamic weather (our league using rF2WeatherClient) and it's hard to setup such weather in new interface

Most of the time we see something like on the pic below. It's not that bad but there is a lot of grey and dark colours which is not making this weather looks as good as on the pic above

Maybe it's time to change something? Because our favourite sim could looks like PCARS sometimes

[​IMG]

svictor likes this.
  2. doddynco

doddynco Registered

The big difference between those two pictures is that the sun is out. As a brit, I can confirm that rain usually means cloud cover.

In the main branch of the game, if you have a wet track and the sun is out, it looks very much like the top picture.

Though I do agree that clouded weather in RF2 still looks a bit too dark, and that they should have thinner clouds for all but the most extreme cloud cover.

vava74, svictor and Nick9320 like this.
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

If we are talking about weather effects and wet graphics in general, the spray from behind cars could really do with improving and shadows under cars on a wet track also, the cars look like they float when the track is wet.

Nick9320 and philman like this.